• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Exotic paint color recommendations

Paint it CHROME!!! :eek: :wink:

chrome5.jpg

Holy Chrome Batman!!! I'd be spending more time detailing the car than driving it. Plus imagine all the homies trying to jack my car. It takes a unique owner with big kahunas:smile:

Oh the pain! This is what happens when a car gets affordable enough for teenagers to own.

OMG. I am far from a teenager. Most teenagers would rather spend their 25-35k on a new car. I feel that allot of us saw these cars as teenagers and bought them later in life, like I did. Teenagers in the 90's could not afford what the teenagers of today can. Not here to debate the color or a repaint, but I have seen some custom, high end and even low end paint jobs that look pretty spectacular.....Yeah Yeah its not the factory paint and will not last forever, but even a Macco painted garaged car driven 100 miles a weekend and not in the rain will last............a long time....

Repaint it the stock color.............

But if you must........

WIth that being said go with one of the more exotic NSX stock colors , IMOLA, Monaco etc....
with a different clear coat or a pearl included. Make it look close to stock, but where another NSX owner looks twice , for they can tell something is different, but just cant put their hands on it. A Buddy of mine had his Formula Red repainted due to he wanted the WWkit and Top all to have the same shine. The paint and body shop did match the color but didn't tint the clear coat. IT HAS A SHINE OUT OF THESE world 4 years later.

When I get bored with my color, I take it to a detailer that can bring out the true color. All detailers are not created equal...nor the things they used

An NSX can pull off that LAMBO GREEN AND ORANGE, but those 2 colors just scream lambo to me. Its strange how a color changes the aesthetics of a car ...When I drive my red one people ask is that a Fearri vs the Silver is that LAMBo..... Sorry the teenager in me started rambling.....Phd:biggrin:

Last edited:
I wonder where that car is. It's illegal to paint a car chrome in the USA and Canada, since it reflects headlights and confuses other drivers.

Looks neat, though.

Last edited:
I wonder where that car is. It's illegal to paint a car chrome in the USA and Canada, since it reflects headlights and confuses other drivers.

Looks neat, though.

Looks like the paint I use to use to paint my model f-16's ...lol

OMG. I am far from a teenager. Most teenagers would rather spend their 25-35k on a new car. I feel that allot of us saw these cars as teenagers and bought them later in life, like I did. Teenagers in the 90's could not afford what the teenagers of today can. Not here to debate the color or a repaint, but I have seen some custom, high end and even low end paint jobs that look pretty spectacular.....Yeah Yeah its not the factory paint and will not last forever, but even a Macco painted garaged car driven 100 miles a weekend and not in the rain will last............a long time....

--> Amen Brother! Nor am I a trust fund baby. Spent my entire 20's in college before being able to afford my dream car (twice), and now I'm still young enough to appreciate a nice custom exotic paint job.

Last edited:
Here's that lambo green / Verde Ithaca . My apologies to whoever owns the car I used as the donor. It was silver a few minutes ago. I wanted to see if I could photoshop it decently. It came out good enough to get an idea..

Attachments

• lambo-green-na1-nsx.jpg
    lambo-green-na1-nsx.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 162

Looks neat, though.

The Chrome m3 was a demo car at SEMA - saw it in person and I was able to whip out my hair gel in my back pocket to fix my hair right on the spot! :wink:

As to legal or not, don't think it matters since this is a demo/show car only, no one would spend that kind of money on a daily driver...haha

Cozmo, that Verde Ithaca is 110% perfect, I would love to have that color NSX if I didn't have my white one. Go for it Larry! :)

rk

Here's a lambo orange version of HondaArrArrr's 'NSX-R inspired'.
This was super quick and ugly but I really like the way it looks.

I couldn't get the other picture to look the right color.

Attachments

• lambo-orange-nsx-r.jpg
    lambo-orange-nsx-r.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 115
Cozmo - you have mad PhotoShop skillz. Thanks!

Rick- I'm gonna look at some paint samples this weekend with a patient of mine who paints custom cars. The green color is exactly what I'm looking for. Stay tuned...

Stick to a factory color... but don't go Imola man. You won't like it. :wink:
On a funny note I did have a woman walk buy my car at NSXPO in Columbus and say "Is that THE Fake Imola car?" :rolleyes:

Funny thing is the only car I would trade for my sebring is imola....been wanting one since it debuted in the '92 or '93 Javits car show

The Chrome m3 was a demo car at SEMA - saw it in person and I was able to whip out my hair gel in my back pocket to fix my hair right on the spot! :wink:

As to legal or not, don't think it matters since this is a demo/show car only, no one would spend that kind of money on a daily driver...haha
rk

Actually there's plenty of cars that are now painted chrome and daily driven... I don't think that there are any laws against what color you can paint your car... although I've been wrong before... lol...

Chrome-Lago-resized.JPG

50lam11.jpg

chrome_merc_4.jpg

chromedcars01.jpg

motochrome%20supra%20uk.jpg

For awhile I was debating getting a cheap NA1 and doing a OEM JDM Lime Green/Black roof project. I think it's a great project, as long as you stay with the factory lines and dont put on any crazy or wild ass body kits!:biggrin:

I always assume that any car that doesnt have a factory paint job has been in a major accident at some point and that usually turns out to be the case.

I get enough questions about my 91 NSX without having to explain to people that; YES it is a 91 but has the body of a 2002-2005 NSX (next question im sure you will get is WHY?) and then NO this is not an NSX factory color but one i got from a ... __________ (fill in the blank with the car you must have really wanted but can't afford).:tongue:

are you kiddding?
these comments make you sound like a moron, what a way to generalize...I know its you opinion, but comeone....thats like saying your a cowboy and live on a ranch and wear boots...i mean your from Texas, it wasnt one, wouldnt you move?

the car is OLD !!!!! thats why most get painted.....
the new headlights go in because the flip up lights SCREAM the 90's...(fwiw i like them).....

as far as color and affordability.....thats just stupid.......

Senna F1 Replica!

Just Do It! :biggrin:

Attachments

• sen01.jpg
    sen01.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 87
  • sen2.jpg
    sen2.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 36
  • m4.jpg
    m4.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 35
  • m9.jpg
    m9.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Want loud ? How about the factory yellow.
Painting your car lime green/orange or whatever will get old fairly quickly, not to mention destroy resale in the event you need to sell the car quickly..

Actually if you want to radically change the car, this looks pretty bad ass.

2000146396545532917_rs.jpg
2000176674545551324_rs.jpg

Last edited:
Pach- that does look pretty bad ass! As my car's evolution becomes more track use, I am taking clues from the Japanese's JGTC NSX cars. Don't care about resell much - this will be purely a fun project.

Painting your car lime green/orange or whatever will get old fairly quickly, not to mention destroy resale in the event you need to sell the car quickly.

Most body mods destroy the "quick resale" potential. You'll never get back in resale what you paid in mods, and it will always take longer to sell, because you need to find someone who has exactly your taste in mods.

For quickest resale, nothing beats bone stock. But where's the fun in that?

Most body mods destroy the "quick resale" potential. You'll never get back in resale what you paid in mods, and it will always take longer to sell, because you need to find someone who has exactly your taste in mods.

For quickest resale, nothing beats bone stock. But where's the fun in that?

Why are some so concerned about resale? The thread asks for exotic paint recommendations - not can I sell my lime green car:rolleyes: Besides, exotic paint colors don't seem to be hurting resell values on Lambos. Given a choice between a nicely modded car vs. stock, I'll take the modded car anyday. Life's just too short to drive stock.

I take it you did not care for the Senna Replica paint scheme :tongue:

I guess it would be a bit much for the street but would look fantastic at the track. Two Tone Paint would be extremely bold and rare to see.

Here's Improved with white Canopy.

Colors ...Marlboro Red / GPW

Spooler - I appreciate the nice effort. You're in the right direction too. Maybe a more elaborate two tone color for track use would be even better. As it stand, the pics remind me of a wrecked NSX with parts from Pick-N-Pull. I wan something Senna would be proud to put his name on.

Spooler - I appreciate the nice effort. You're in the right direction too. Maybe a more elaborate two tone color for track use would be even better. As it stand, the pics remind me of a wrecked NSX with parts from Pick-N-Pull. I wan something Senna would be proud to put his name on.

:biggrin: I understand what you mean.

The NSX is just so pretty though, you could almost get away with it (pulling Panels lol)

Candy Red/Pearl White

Attachments

• red w 1.jpg
    red w 1.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
paint it imola you will have a na2 type-s jdm look. my .02c.

Brian

Back