• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Extended warranty for 2010 TL?

I've always purchased extended warranties for the German cars I've owned, and they've always paid for themself within one year. My 2010 TL is a CPO with powertrain warranty until 100k and seven more years. However I'm worried about all the electronics and technology in the car that may go bad. I can get a $0 deductible bumper to bumper extended warranty for 7/100k for only $1250. Is it worth it for an Acura which I know probably will not have many problems?

TIA.

No. Especially with the powertrain already covered. You would pay $1250 for coverage on a relatively small portion of the car for which any problems are likely to be inexpensive to fix. The chances you would incur $1250 of repairs that wouldn't be covered by the powertrain part of the CPO warranty or the remaining portion of the original and CPO warranties are pretty darn slim.

Last edited:
Thanks Ken, that is exactly what I was thinking. With my NSX being almost 19yrs old and never giving me trouble I was going to pass on buying one for my TL.

Back