• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

F-Matic Transmission Rough Shift During Hot

Dear Members of NSX,

I hope someone can really give me some help here:

I own a 95 NSX-T with F-matic Transmission. Recently, I experience some problems with my transmission.

When the engine started in cold, the transmission is working fine. Relatively smooth shift between gears automatically.

But after driving for awhile (say after 15 to 20 minutes later) then the engine turned off for a short rest (say around 10 to 15 minutes), after restarting the engine when the engine is not yet cool down, I start experiencing quite a rough shift (both up and down shift automatically) between gears during normal driving. I mean it is very noticeable when the gear changes, I can feel the rough kick and jerk during shifting.

After turn off the engine and let it rest for a long time (say at least one to two hours later), the transmission seems to be back to normal doing smooth shift.

I already change automatic transmission fluid frequently (the most would be less than 10,000 km or no more than 8 months) when there is lot of short stop and go driving in Hong Kong.

Can any technical member or experience mechanic can give me some advise?

I appreciate your feedback!!!

Thank you very much for your help!!!!!

Back