• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

F N Cell phones.....

Is it just me, or is anyone else sick of F N cell phones? People can't drive a car, pump gas, go to the movies, go to dinner, grocery shop, go on a date, go to church, school or anything else, without having a damn cell phone in their hand. They wake up to them and go to bed waiting for that last text or email......Boys and some men, don't even have the balls to ask out a girl/woman on a date in person or even by calling, they TEXT them...how chicken shit. Saw one girl driving with two cell phones, one for texting and one for talking......And my kids text their friends while they are in the same frickin room? I know its great technology, but its making people way disconnected from face to face interaction.......Anyone else feel this way? And don't get me started on the dumb asses that are on the phone or texting while driving...I avoid about 6 wrecks a week because of that..........................:mad:

The "Third Screen" is here to stay and has infiltrated almost every facet of life. It's a hugely useful tool and will only get more important.

That said, I've come in contact with some twenty-somethings that use it as the default communication method for everything including asking someone on a date. There's definitely a disconnect in face-to-face relationships. But in a sea of social midgets there's an opportunity for those able to manage a "real" relationship.

I think the trick is to use it as a tool and not a crutch. The pendulum will eventually swing the other way.

yup, and unfortunately, it is getting worse.

I try to stay away from it as often as I can as I find myself on it too much.

I personally hate technology because it takes fun out of life. I think people should take it in very small doses when it's necessary instead of diving into it. Unfortunately social media and social networking make a lot of money so I don't see this situation improving any time soon.

I personally hate technology because it takes fun out of life.

Walking on thin ice for a forum surrounding a car representing the pinnacle of technology of its time.

Remember guys, technology is developed to improve our quality of life. It is up to us as users of how/when we use it. Direct your hatred towards the idiots behind the wheel, not the tech.

Im not sick of them and i find them useful. Try not to let it bother you too much man. I fly a lot and in the airports they are EVERYWHERE!! I see wpmen texting while someone has to help them put a TOO BIG carry on in overhead storage!!:biggrin:

This week, I've seen two teenagers riding bicycles while on the phone.............that's just destined to end badly!

Brian

I see the other side of it.
In the year 2014, we have all the knowledge on the ENTIRE PLANET in the palms of our hands.
Remember growing up, you didn't know something, you had to spend a Saturday at the library.
Or you wanted to see what a foreign place was like, you had to save up years of savings to go visit.
Or to talk to a friend, you had to wait until night, try to catch them after dinner, and pay $1/minute to talk to them.
Now, you can do those things in seconds.

Sure, some people are addicted, but this is truly one of the greatest inventions of modern man.

I do not have one. The expressions that I get when people ask me for a cell number and I tell them I don't have a cell phone are truly priceless! 9 times outta 10 they look like they just saw a ghost and ask me how that is possible.I am not an anti-tech person by any means, but just do not see the need to be constantly connected. I live my life at my pace and not at the whim of others that feel they need everything RIGHT NOW! Technology is great but I have learned to control the use not the other way around.

Did you post this from your cell phone?

Nope, from computer in my office.......:cool:

- - - Updated - - -

Im not sick of them and i find them useful. Try not to let it bother you too much man. I fly a lot and in the airports they are EVERYWHERE!! I see wpmen texting while someone has to help them put a TOO BIG carry on in overhead storage!!:biggrin:

That is funny stuff, saw guy other day smash up on the curb while trying to talk on phone and drink a large drink.....spilt drink on himself too, then started cussing about it.
Maybe we should change the subject to: Stupid Shit People Do While On their Cell Phone.........

- - - Updated - - -

I see the other side of it.
In the year 2014, we have all the knowledge on the ENTIRE PLANET in the palms of our hands.
Remember growing up, you didn't know something, you had to spend a Saturday at the library.
Or you wanted to see what a foreign place was like, you had to save up years of savings to go visit.
Or to talk to a friend, you had to wait until night, try to catch them after dinner, and pay $1/minute to talk to them.
Now, you can do those things in seconds.

Sure, some people are addicted, but this is truly one of the greatest inventions of modern man.

The Tech of it is great, even entertaining.....Its just that people can't put them down for 5 seconds...... Don't believe me? Take one away from a teenager or young adult, they will kill you to get it back.......

Back