• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

F1 fans come here

Hey aren't there any F1 fans out here?

Is anyone following the currant events. The on going, head to head, battle between Montoya and Schumacher.

This F1 season is by far the most thrilling on for a long time. Things are really getting exiting right now.

Im on Montoya's list of fans. But I have to say, this season is an absolute riot and its getting to exiting to wait for the results.

Awesome man,

Please please post your impression

I am a huge F1 fan. Went to Imola last year with a Paddock pass. WOW!!!!!!!
and went to Canada last year with Paddock Club passes!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unreal. My wife was mad I went to Canada. We had a two week old baby. I told her that if we got divorced over it the trip it still would have been worth it.

To see a Honda mechanic with the head off an F1 engine, it was like looking at God dressing Jesus.

Went to Silverstone this year! :D only to see Rakka get edged out by Reubens and Monty. =/

I'm pulling for Kimi at Indy, If Kimi wins, and Montoya is not too far behind, and Shumi is 6th or so, the points will be like 85, 85, 85, in a 3 way tie for first place going into the last race of the season. How is that for a finish.

It'll be settled in the Land-Of-The-Rising-Sun

Rubber Chicken said:
Went to Silverstone this year! :D only to see Rakka get edged out by Reubens and Monty. =/

I'm pulling for Kimi at Indy, If Kimi wins, and Montoya is not too far behind, and Shumi is 6th or so, the points will be like 85, 85, 85, in a 3 way tie for first place going into the last race of the season. How is that for a finish.

Cool man! I got to be a part of Silverstone this year, too (yea, yea w/ all the controversy of it being dated and not upto specs'- blah/blah/blah) Anyways- does the track in Japan/Suzuka favor any of the three frontrunners (drivers and constructors???) I think it'll all be decided then and there, sans' a non-finish by anyone this weekend... :)

As far as I know

Montoya has the advantage at the Indy since he won it by first try before he got into F1

And Michael has the advantage on the Suzuki circuit.

So, from a statistic point of view, it will end up with Montoya wining the upcoming race and Michael wining the final race and by doing so, he wins the championship

I hope statistics don’t hold, because Im a Montoya fan and would rather see him win.

I went to Indy F1 for its inagural race. Simply UNBELIEVABLE! To see how late they brake for turn one took the entire practice session on Friday to finally accept they weren't going to miss the apex!

The engine nodes, the exhaust fumes and the massive and primarily unamerican crowds were worth getting stranded in the infield after the race. The fact that I missed my flight from Dayton didn't matter much....it was definitely worth it!

Unfortunately, I have yet to return. The "Gucci" pass I had hasn't fallen in my lap again. So, I'm forced to stay glued to the TV set all weekend long!

Enjoy the F1 weekend!

:D

I didn't realize the American Gran Prix was this weekend until I saw the interview on Speed with David Coulthard. Man I wish I were going to be there !!!
Have a great time to all those lucky people who do get to go :cool:

>>Montoya has the advantage at Indy since he won it by first try

Why would that have any influence on this weekend's race? Montoya won the Indy 500, a race for IRL cars. Those cars are 1000 lbs heavier than an F1 car, have less powerful engines and turn left only on an oval track. To win Montoya had to beat Billy-Bob and Bobbie-Joe, while F1 drivers are the best in the world. There is no commonality to F1 at all.

Soichiro said:

Why would that have any influence on this weekend's race? Montoya won the Indy 500, a race for IRL cars. Those cars are 1000 lbs heavier than an F1 car, have less powerful engines and turn left only on an oval track. To win Montoya had to beat Billy-Bob and Bobbie-Joe, while F1 drivers are the best in the world. There is no commonality to F1 at all.

Yeah I guess you're right, my mistake

The advantage that Montoya holds isn’t his win in the Indy 500 its his car ( Williams BMW). It's more suitable for that track than Michael's Ferrari

Check it out here,

http://www.planet-f1.com/Home/story_13123.shtml

CART vs. IRL

Soichiro said:

hmm... Montoya won as a CART driver, a different class of cars than IRL. Yes, to compete in Indy- Ganassi & Company had to make a special car.

But, CART circuits have some G.P.'s on their schedules that are not all ovals. He is experienced more or less on both track types.
:)

By no means is this an endorsement for BMW-Williams nor Montoya

i watched the us grand prix today. I was so mad what happen to montoya. all that bad luck. when the rain came, it totally messed montoya up. Ex: Slid off track, pit stop 15.4sec, time penalty for causing accident. After all that. montoya loss the race for world champion. Altho i don't like williams as a team. i like montoya as a driver. So now kimi and mike are doing battle for world champion. But i give a high percentage that michael is gonna win.

-did anyone see how button almost made pole? damn.. so messed up that the engine blew.

It was a great race. I have been going to Montreal since 1985, and this was my first visit to Indy for a race. Great atmosphere, nice 1/2 of the track. I would have given the car with the advantage to Ferrari, as they had won 2 of the 1st 3 USGPs there. I prefer a wet race, as it really brings out the best in the drivers.

F1 and Indy

I’ve followed F1 for a while and I've always been a huge Ferrari fan until they picked Mr. Schumacher. Never liked his win at all costs attitude, very similar to Senna's. Beat your rival or at least take him out if you can't.

But no matter how much I dislike him, I've got to say Mr. Schumacher gave another demonstration Sunday of why he will be a 6 time World Driving Champ. Incredible stuff. I was pulling for Elmer Fu....... I mean Kimi, but I guess he still has a (long) shot. Would have been nice to see BAR on the podium, it's been awhile. Hope Honda is spending the F1 bucks on the new NSX design.

Indy was nice the first year, and I enjoyed it, but I always had a guilty conscience supporting Tony George, (the anti Christ of open wheel racing), and could never go back.

Went to Spa one year and got to walk through the Ferrari pits with in a couple feet of Ross Brawn. Life on earth peaked at that moment......... until I bought an NSX.:D

SNOOZE..oh yeah another exciting follow Schumi show what is it 6,7 or 8 season?Maybe he will show up in CART soon? If there around !Either way why pay to watch either when Nascar,IRL,NHRA and LeMans are free?Just my point of view but since Senna's been gone so has F1.

ERZ said:
SNOOZE..oh yeah another exciting follow Schumi show what is it 6,7 or 8 season?Maybe he will show up in CART soon? If there around !Either way why pay to watch either when Nascar,IRL,NHRA and LeMans are free?Just my point of view but since Senna's been gone so has F1.

Huh? I think that was the point, that this F1 season is not a "follow Schumi show", like it has been in the past. Even though it looks like Schumacher will probably win this year, it has come down to the last race.

After making an argument for being the best driver ever in F1, why would Schumacher ever go to CART? That's like Michael Jordan deciding to go play in the CBA.

And, where did you get the idea that NASCAR, IRL, etc are free? I've been to a NASCAR race (never again!), and it was anything but free. In fact, I felt violated for having to pay money to see a bunch of hillbillies take left turns.
Oval racing is a poor excuse for racing, IMO.

Back