• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Facebook page

So I have this page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/NOVA-NSX/473489429382869 that I put together for the SuperNova meet. Is there any interest here in using it for general meets, etc? I can start keeping it up to date with info if that would provide value. I recognize that it is duplicative to NSXPrime in many ways, but on the other hand Facebook plays very well with mobile devices which is handy for people on the go. I know that I find it TONS easier to keep track of Facebook notifications than forum post notifications.

Just figured I would get some input and suggestions.

One thing that makes it harder to use is that it is set up as a "Community" and not as a "Group". Communities in FB basically act as a large single entity or single FB account, whereas a Group in FB is more like an open forum where anyone can post. A big difference also is that Groups show up on the sidebar (in the current FB format, that is along with "Friends" and "Favorites" so it is really easy to see if there is new activity in the Group because there's a little alert number there. Communities on the other hand have to be visited manually by each member to see new activity ~ orrrrr the page needs to constantly be pushing out updates so it pops up on people's feeds at all. Depends I guess on how aggressive you want to be with it.

Hmm.. Good post, and good info. I can recreate this as a "group" instead if that provides more value. I also have options on group settings in terms of privacy if people do not want to advertise that they have a shiny car at their house. There is also the question of how open we want to make it; purely NSX owners or anyone interested.

I set it up as a Community because that was an easy way to have it linked to for organizations like CarLoveDC, etc for promoting the event. One question though, are you able to create a new topic in the current page? Did you get a little notification when I made the post this morning?

What's a Facebook? :smile:

Yo Graybeard! Don't you just hate these smart ass youngsters! By the way I'm registered for NSXPO 2013 and the Track Days. How about you guys?

Dave

I deleted my facebook profile one less thing they can track me doing. already got you on cameras as you drive thru intersections, they track you GPS with your phone. the read your e-mails, they ping your servers and port sniff, I try to live off the grid. except nsxprime I like updating my builds LOL

"Its a way that you can figure out what people your age are up to now a days. Your generation has something similar, its called the Obituary page :p"

Like OMG, Man. That is sooooo Lame!

"Yo Graybeard! Don't you just hate these smart ass youngsters! By the way I'm registered for NSXPO 2013 and the Track Days."

Young whipper-snappers! Who needs them, anyway? Thanks for chiming in.
I am jealous of your NSXPO plans because even though it's close, I cannot take the time to go. I have too many challenges this school year. I hope that you have a great time and kick some serious ass at the track!

Last edited:
No NSXes @ Katie's today unfortunately.
Actually, I was there from 6-7:45ish and another NSX was there until around 7AM.

27mi.jpg

Last edited:
The SoCal folks seem to get value out of their Facebook group, so I went ahead and created a group for NOVA: https://www.facebook.com/groups/NOVANSX/ It is a closed group, and I think that keeping it to NSX owners in the DC area only is the way to go. I am going to leave the other Facebook page up for a point of public contact.

Feel free to tinker around and give me any feedback on what is working and what isn't. I am interested to see how this technology plays out.

Thanks for setting this up Dan. I'm still out of town but will try to be more active on it when we get back.

updated the security settings a bit ~ if anyone wants to be in the group, just fire me a PM or grab me at a local meet and I will get you on the list.

Facebook page is fairly lonely with only 3 of us on it. Send me a PM if you want in as this group is kept closed to the public by design.

The page has worked out quite well for getting people organized for weekend meets and what not. I think the private aspect of it is going to stay, good to have a place outside the limelight to talk about issues.

As always, pop me a message if you want to join. The only requirements are to be in the DC area and to be a NSX owner.

Are we going with the Census definition of "DC area"? Like all the way out to W.Virginia? lol

Back