• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Factor X FX500 Best Motoring Results

Wow! What a fantastic event. It was amazing to see the diversity of tuner cars that showed up to the event. Everything from near OEM cars to many full blown race cars. Embracing the true spirit of Touge we opted to bring our daily street driven FX500 NSX (near identical set-up as Sigs). This is a true street car with all the amenities of a stock NSX. Running on DOT legal tires.

Upon arrival we were broken up into various classes to battle, RWNA, RWT,FF, AWD. We were placed in the Rear Wheel Turbo Class (RWT). We were first up in our class and had the honor of Japans D1 champion Kazama as a driver. After he completed about four laps, he came back for the interview. He scored the car 95/100 with his only real complaint being the weak LSD and the damn NAV pod with the AIM coming loose. On the positive side he was amazed that the power was controllable, suspension was good, and brakes were good.

After about five hours the drivers and crew deliberated and announced the winners of each class. First up was a BMW M3, next up was our FX500 NSX, Top Set-up EG6, Vivid Racing Turbo RX-8, and lastly the Vishnu EVO VIII. We were very, very excited with the results feeling we had a high probability of making it to the finals. Our initial match-up was with the Vivid Racing Turbo RX-8. Then something happened that we are still unclear about.

Apparently the rules stated that you could only run DOT legal tires and no Hoosiers. One of the contestants the XS Skyline was running the Hankook Slicks which fell under the gray area. The cast actually took a vote amongst the participants whether or not to allow these cars that have those types of tires to run. Overwhelmingly, everyone said no, and Dori-Dori acknowledged that in Japan Touge the cars must have 70% tread to be legal. Long story short, somehow the XS Skyline was allowed to run and unfortunately for us were matched up with them.

The Skyline was extremely well put together and was the same Skyline that won the USCC. With our LSD fried and the Skyline on the Hankooks we really didn’t have a chance. If we did have a fresh LSD and were running the Hankooks it would have been a much closer race. It was amazing to see Kazama drive the FX500 on that course with our failed LSD. Somehow he was still able to click off decent lap times all while smoking the inner tire up and down all the hills basically driving on three tires. If the LSD was on the edge there is no doubt it is toast now:) Once we did hit the short straight aways and the tires hooked we made up time very quickly.

The Skyline easily advanced to the finals to meet up with Kip’s Comptech NSX. Like the others it really didn’t stand a chance either. If they were running similar tires to the Skyline it would have been much closer. Kip’s Comptech NSX is an amazing work of art. Incredibly well built, with complete balance. It really carved up that course effortlessly. We were hoping for the NSX shootout to end the Touge but maybe next time. We were just happy that two NSXs represented the Top 5. It was a pleasure to finally meet Shad and Joe from Comptech in person. Two class act guys with an incredible amount of knowledge. From conversation it sounds like there are some very exciting products that will soon be available to the NSX community.

Special thanks to our Tire Sponsor TOYO TIRES. They proved to be everything people say about them and more. Thanks to Autovation for providing us with the fantastic pedal set-up. You will be pleased to see your product highlighted on video. Thank you to Exedy for providing us with a fantastic clutch. We would also like to thank Jon K, Tod K, Glenn at Upgrade Motoring, and MJ at Dali Racing for helping us all along the way. Last but not least thank you to the Best Motoring crew for organizing this event and giving us the honor of participating.

We will continue to enter our FX500 NSX in as many contests that will accept us, to prove the durability of the system and to show everyone that the NSX is still one of the top tuner platforms. Next up the Standing Mile, Silver State Challenge, and preparation for Time Attack.

We can turn too,

Factor X Racing

HI,

I was at the event as well.

1)I was confused as well at them running the skyline .. we all voted regarding whether to honor the japanese rules (not allow slicks) and their was not a single yes vote

2)The factor X nsx still out accelerated the 600 hp skyline, where it lost ground was in cornering and braking. (the sklyine had alwd and better brembo brakes, and stickier tiers...and also the nsx was hampered by a weak lsd)

3) as stated above the comptech (kip) nsx was a work of art in action and you could tell by the number of times the japanese drivers took it out to paly with it that it was a favorite for them as well.

All in all a great time was had by alll. (Thanks to comptech also for allowing me to borrow some tools to fix a wheel bearing problem on a participants turbo s2k)

Tom

Arshad said:
Congrats! Sounds like you guys had a blast! Would have been awesome to see the FX500 against Kip's car in the finals :D

We were hoping for that match up also:biggrin: Although in all honesty Kip’s car probably would have eaten us up on that day also.

Sig said:
Congrats guys.

What are you going to replace the LSD with?

Were looking to go with the OS, but really hate the idea of the 4.44 final. MJ said they could do a custom one with any final. It sounds like the most logical route right now. He is also working on a sequential which could be an option later down the road.

Factor X Motorsports said:
Were looking to go with the OS, but really hate the idea of the 4.44 final. MJ said they could do a custom one with any final. It sounds like the most logical route right now. He is also working on a sequential which could be an option later down the road.

You can get the OS with OE final.

You guys, Kip included, have done some wonderful things with the platform.

NSX's may be old, and not made anymore, but something tells me we have yet to see the best one of our generation.

Keep up the great work guys :thumbup:

I think that's a great result, particularly in spite of the jacked LSD. Congrats!

Looks like this will be another Best Motoring to add to the collection.

Ponyboy said:
I think that's a great result, particularly in spite of the jacked LSD. Congrats!

Looks like this will be another Best Motoring to add to the collection.

DEFINETLY!

Factor X, do you get advance warning of which BMI volume you'll be in or when it is comming out?

Can't wait for it! :biggrin:

AU_NSX said:
DEFINETLY!

Factor X, do you get advance warning of which BMI volume you'll be in or when it is comming out?

Can't wait for it! :biggrin:

They told us it will hit the US sometime in May/June. Not really sure what volume though.

Thanks for all the congrats guys. We still have a long way to go to reach Comptech’s level of balance. Producing the power was the easy part! We actually did everything we could to back it down to a reasonable level for the touge. Stoptech BBK is sitting on the shelf, we already contacted MJ about the OSG 4.06, and are installing the Procar RE setup. Once our new set of CE28s come in we will make sure some Hoosiers/Hankooks are always mounted and ready. We will also have a new test motor and possibly new single turbo set-up going in. Also, Mikey is toying with the idea of releasing a 400hp single turbo system to the public in the near future so keep an eye out.

Factor X Motorsports said:
Also, Mikey is toying with the idea of releasing a 400hp single turbo system to the public in the near future so keep an eye out.

Great news. Are we talking 400HP crank or Wheel? Should be lots of fun either way.

Also, Mikey is toying with the idea of releasing a 400hp single turbo system to the public in the near future so keep an eye out.

A well sorted 400bhp system is what interests me. I am very interested in a car that drives as if stock, till the right foot goes down. Please keep us posted.

That would have been so cool had your car beaten the gtr, but those cars are seriously fast. Which car did Keiichi drive?

spyderplayer2002 said:
That would have been so cool had your car beaten the gtr, but those cars are seriously fast. Which car did Keiichi drive?

That GTR is dialed, D1 Champ Kazama drove the FX500. We will see how she does on a faster course very soon!

Thanks for the informative write up ! I was in Vegas this past weekend and I tried to look you guys up. I know you are not open for public service anymore but I wanted to check out your Turbo monster. I called the phone # 411 provided and it was disconnected. Oh well, maybe next time.:biggrin:

brandonson said:
Thanks for the informative write up ! I was in Vegas this past weekend and I tried to look you guys up. I know you are not open for public service anymore but I wanted to check out your Turbo monster. I called the phone # 411 provided and it was disconnected. Oh well, maybe next time.:biggrin:

Sorry to have missed you! If you are ever in town send us an email and we will try to arrange something. We just moved locations so everything has been quite hectic.

Back