• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Factory 2013 NSX info sent to dealers

The big news at the meeting is the 2013 NSX. I was told that it looks great. it will be powered by a 3.7 V6 putting out 450HP. SHAWD. Front Mid engine. Hybrid power with two motors. All aluminium and lightweight. very limted numbers. 4-5 to each dealer. Should make NSX and Acura owners happy again.

Hey Rob, any word on whether it follows the styling cues of the ironman car or something entirely different? Did they show images to the attendees? Price mentioned at all?

We are not going to see anything close to the NSX, the NSX is dead and so is the S2000. I think Honda wants to give us something in the middle, it will cost $30-40k and it will be compared to Nissan 370Z.

My best guess:
Acura_Nsx_2012_4.jpg

We are not going to see anything close to the NSX, the NSX is dead and so is the S2000. I think Honda wants to give us something in the middle, it will cost $30-40k and it will be compared to Nissan 370Z.

My best guess:
Acura_Nsx_2012_4.jpg

Based on the info so far cost should definitely be higher, it should be close to $80-$100K minimum. The ASCC was targeted to be $100K+ IIRC.

Brylek, you may be right about its proportions & overall size being similar to the 370Z; however, I think they will be asking $100-120K cause it'll have that hybrid drivetrain that no one asked for.

If it will cost more than 50k it will be compared to the GTR and it will fail. In 2002-2007 Honda had plans to make the NSX and S2000 that was supposed to be called S3000. They dropped both and are now doing something in between. Whatever it is that we are getting is not going to be a supercar, it will be something similar to the Nissan 370z(price, looks and performance) based on the HSV-010.

This is only my guess.

Honda's bread and butter civic and accord aren't as well as before. That should be their focus before they'll use the "economy" as an excuse again for building a "sports car":rolleyes:

If it will cost more than 50k....

It has to b/c POS cars zdx and rl are $50+

Again

Honda has already said it is targeting the GTR for price so between $90-100k. It's not going to look like the ASCC. No need for that long of a nose with only a 3.5L V6. It's mentioned they may revive the NSX name for only one reason that's them saying it will be mid engine. The car in the Avengers is a mid engine car. Acura said that vehicle was a one off more than likely because the actual production model will be a hardtop.

Just a little more than month to go. Hang tight.

Why on earth would a manufacturer put 500lbs of lead and electric motors in a sports car? The Porsche crowd will be pointing and laughing at track events!

I do like the Tony Stark version.

The HP war is really heating up in the 40-90k range. 400hp is now more or less the minimum to be considered competitive.

Last edited:
It's still using electricity, motors, regenerative braking, and an a power storage device. My point was that Hybrid technology is just technology. You can use it to be efficient with gas, or get extra performance out of it. It is all implementation. I don't know why everyone is crying over the fact that the NSX is hybrid. It all depends on what they did with it. A decade from now we may be reading an article where the NSX's powertrain "now commonly used was truly revolutionary a decade ago".

I am all for Honda trying something different. I just hope that it won't be ugly and I am not holding my breath. It can't be worse than the GT-R...

Right? LOL

Last edited:
It's still using electricity, motors, regenerative braking, and an a power storage device. My point was that Hybrid technology is just technology. You can use it to be efficient with gas, or get extra performance out of it. It is all implementation. I don't know why everyone is crying over the fact that the NSX is hybrid. It all depends on what they did with it. A decade from now we may be reading an article where the NSX's powertrain "now commonly used was truly revolutionary a decade ago".

I am all for Honda trying something different. I just hope that it won't be ugly and I am not holding my breath. It can't be worse than the GT-R...

Right? LOL

If they use something like the KERS/flywheel thing the hybrid will be ok-ish. If they use batteries and do something more like the CR-Z, I will be hoping for it's massive failure.

Even with batteries it can have quite good performance. Whether we want to admit it or not, the future isn't in internal combustion. It's easy to create performance with existing technology, it is hard to do with with new technology. I commend Honda for trying if they come out with a product that is at least decent. That product can then be refined and become better over time but you have to start somewhere. That's why we have cars like this:

Porsche-918-Spyder.jpg

Tag-Tesla.jpg

I actually prefer to buy a Hybrid with decent to good performance than a non-hybrid with slightly better perfromance. I know I may be a minority, but I think there is an untapped market for perfromance hybrids. Fisker has sold out of 2 years worth of production of the Karma.

Fisker-Karma_concept_rear.jpg

Sorry guys, I forgot to mention price - $144k and very ltd numbers. Yes i was told it was to look like the iron man version. They brought out a prototype and unwrapped the cover over it. No cell phones or cameras were allowed. My General Manager said it was beautiful. He was also the first person i know that told me the ZDX is ugly before it was released!

Sorry guys, I forgot to mention price - $144k and very ltd numbers. Yes i was told it was to look like the iron man version. They brought out a prototype and unwrapped the cover over it. No cell phones or cameras were allowed. My General Manager said it was beautiful. He was also the first person i know that told me the ZDX is ugly before it was released!

Interesting. Is that USD $144k? Are we going to get reamed in Canada again?

Again

Honda has already said it is targeting the GTR for price so between $90-100k. It's not going to look like the ASCC. No need for that long of a nose with only a 3.5L V6. It's mentioned they may revive the NSX name for only one reason that's them saying it will be mid engine. The car in the Avengers is a mid engine car. Acura said that vehicle was a one off more than likely because the actual production model will be a hardtop.

Just a little more than month to go. Hang tight.

I respect your optimism. I am hopeful with you about the Avenger NSX.

The future IS internal combustion FOREVER. You may not want to admit it but how do you think the electricity is made to power your batteries? Power plants are run on fossil fuels such as natural gas, oil or Coal. It takes lots of fossil fuels to dig coal or transport natural gas. Planes will never fly on anything less than jet fuel nor will 18 wheelers efficiently run on solar, nat gas or batteries. It also takes some pretty serious mining to make lead acid or NiMiHI batteries and there are nasty byproducts such as mercury that have to be dealt with. And then there's the oil lobbiests...............:frown:

Hydrogen cars were available in the 1970's(do a youtube search for Jack Nicholson and hydrogen) and electric cars were on GM's drawing board in the 80's.

I'd like to see an alternative but I am a realist. There is no less environmental impact using any alternative at this time and those that buy into it are fooling themselves.

Even with batteries it can have quite good performance. Whether we want to admit it or not, the future isn't in internal combustion. It's easy to create performance with existing technology, it is hard to do with with new technology. I commend Honda for trying if they come out with a product that is at least decent. That product can then be refined and become better over time but you have to start somewhere. That's why we have cars like this:

Porsche-918-Spyder.jpg

Tag-Tesla.jpg

I actually prefer to buy a Hybrid with decent to good performance than a non-hybrid with slightly better performance. I know I may be a minority, but I think there is an untapped market for performance hybrids. Fisker has sold out of 2 years worth of production of the Karma.

Fisker-Karma_concept_rear.jpg

$144k?? That makes no sense:confused: The V10 would've been a true super performer but it was supposed to be $150k and Honda said they canceled as the market wasn't strong enough so now your saying they want $6k less for a car with less performance. I'll be very very surprised if they announce a six figure price tag low numbers or not. Plus Honda themselves said that the vehicle would be priced competitively with the GTR that's $40k higher for less performance.

Thanks for telling us what you've heard though.

I respect your optimism. I am hopeful with you about the Avenger NSX.

Honda has a lot image wise riding on this. When they released the 2012 Civic they said this would be the first of Hondas new direction. That went horribly wrong as the car was panned worse than Honda could have imagined.

I'll say I think Honda was shocked at the amount of good press the Avenger car received. So many designs had gone wrong for them that people were like "Wow is this a Honda design??".

If the next NSX will be at the 2012 Detroit Auto Show, so will I.

Oh mama I hope I'm not getting suckered again.

144k? Whoa, but if they make it I will buy it.

One thing ... for that much $ I want a new NSXprime site for it.

Last edited:
Back