• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Factory 2013 NSX info sent to dealers

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Gaahhh.... YOU ARE THE MAN

Last edited:
It is ugly and I hate the look of the front center.... like an armor shield. Send it back to the department of design to re-sign it or send those car designers to Italy to take 6 months course of design.

Last edited:
OMG it may actually be good looking. I hope it is at least 150K. At 100 or less it will kill the value of any 02+ car. I'm starting to get a bulge in my pants and it ain't from talking to you guys.

Guys you're looking at the avengers car. It won't be that good looking. They aren't going to let people photograph it beforehand. Some of you will call anything ugly. Bat Nazca C2, my favorite all time design.

It doesn't look nearly good enough and doubtfully be fast enough to convince me to pay $140k for it.

The car blackbird posted looks hmmmm ok. That frontend is really bothering me. I wonder if that car was painted silver it would help out a little bit. I figure the car is a concept right now so maybe styling cues might change.

That's the cancelled ASCC

Front engine? Noooooooooo!!!!

Don't go by the post above yours. It will be mid engine.

I'll be pleased if it looks like the Avengers car but Dave it won't be $150k. What's really curious and what none of the insiders have said is whether or not it will be a vert. Mid engine hybrid vert would be so frikken sweet! Now that would be a flagship! Should be as fast as the R8 V10 with a $80-90k discount:eek:

If it looks like the Avenger's car then Honda has a winner imo. It seems like the overall majority of people who have posted their opinion about the Avenger car has been positive. In most all of the other designs it was always a negative opinion. The HSC and the ASCC and HSV were all given negative publicity by the general car guys including here in NSXprime.

Can't wait for the debut now :D.

We were right about one thing. That Avenger car is based off a NSX. If you look at the second avenger car picture the inner door panel and door handle setup is the same as our NSX!

Last edited:
The car blackbird posted looks hmmmm ok. That frontend is really bothering me. I wonder if that car was painted silver it would help out a little bit. I figure the car is a concept right now so maybe styling cues might change.
+1
My biggest concern is the front end for this car. The shield has to go completely or it will ruin any design they come up with. Unfortunately I don't think they will get rid of it. They may just tone it down a bit.

The car will be very compact as I suspected, Gallardo like even. Ito stated that he wants the car to be very lightweight so I imagined they will keep it as compact as possible - especially as they want it to be AWD. I'm sure it will be fast!

Last edited:
neat'o burrito...

Thanks, BlackbirdXX! <label for="rb_iconid_14">
icon14.gif
</label>

Kinda-sorta takes the air outta the anticipation for the McLaren MP4-12C Spider / 'vert / roadster!

With all that said, sign-me-up... key-salient point being: it's a merely a concept & a direction towards a road-going vehicle that'll presumably be interesting if not enticing!

After-all, I'd be a-ok w/ an HSC @ ~$125k'ish which would have the following hallmarks:

- rear mid-engine 2-seater, scissor/angle doors, aluminum+composite construction @ ~2,950 lbs, LITE-version of Acura-Honda design/style

- NA 3.7L V6 w/ 9k redline & 425hp/300ft-lbs, CVT-8spd SH-AWD

- KERS / IMA / hybrid-assist 2 electric-motors / regenerative power / whatever

- LSD and/or advanced launch/traction control (comfort-sport-track)

- hydraulic suspension (sans anti-roll/sway bars), air-brake, active aero/spoilers

- WAN/WiFi ICE (in-car-entertainment) & diagnostics/telemetry, solar-roof electrical/electronic capacity (heating/cooling/operating cabin), HUD (heads-up-display)

Here's to hopin' the (forthcoming) Acura thingie has all/close to all that, and then some! :)

If I wanted a muscle-V8 & bang-for-the-buck, I'd get a Corvette. If I wanted a wild V10 & machismo, I'd get a Gallardo or Viper. If I wanted V8-symphony & "soul", I'd get a Ferrari. If I wanted mid-engine exotica & headache, I'd an R8-V8/Evora. If I had an idle quarter-of-a-million dollars, I'd get an MP4-12C. If I wanted boost'd mojo, I'd go AMG, M-series, or Evo-WRX'sti-GTR. If I wanted opulence & swank, I'd go Aston Martin.

Point being, give me what I want! :D

Last edited:
Had to go to the local Acura dealer this morning. The owner had just got back from Vegas.[...] They were then led into a private room with security, no cameras allowed to view the new production model 2013 NSX . He said it looks pretty much like the movie car, except the interior is more reminiscent of our models. He said it was quite nice.
Ask him if the "production" version had the shield as the "Ironman" version.

Oh by the way, is the new NSX designed by Honda Japan (the original was) or Acura (America)?

Last edited:
What's really curious and what none of the insiders have said is whether or not it will be a vert. Mid engine hybrid vert would be so frikken sweet!
Yeah but I doubt it. remember, "very lightweight" is the target. A roadster is always much heavier. If they launch a roadster it will be only after a coupe version is released. Of course I would love it if they do it!

I agree that the frontend is too busy, but the overall proportions are on target. That caught my eye more than the details of the front bumper which would never make it to production like that anyways.

This is obviously on the original NSX chasis/platform, so it was going to have good proportions. Honda had it right all along, they just needed to keep the evolution going. A revolution is not needed. I really would like to see the secret concept before passing judgement tho...

That avengers car ain't half bad lookin, but it doesn't look anything like an NSX successor. The hsc sure did and the new mclaren sure as hell does too.

Thanks for the more refined photos. Like others have said, that beak/shield on the front HAS TO GO!! You strip that ghastly design element from the vehicle, make it a REAR mid engine and I'm in. I agree, the proportions of the vehicle look quite good.

As N Spec mentioned, Honda/Acura merely need to *evolve* the NSX not re-invent the vehicle. So having an evolution of our cars is perfectly fine with me.

Anybody think the rear looks a bit like the Pontiac solstice?

Also , the door line is a bit low on the avenger car. The production car's door line will probably higher to comply with today's safety standard. Thoughts?

Hi all,

Im a new member of NSX Prime. From the posts that I have seen and read in this thread. Could I say that there will be a 2013 NSX for production? Will there be 2013 NSX? Is it still rumour or is this will definitly be on the production and is it already official?

If no one has not noticed, the Avenger NSX is built on the original NSX platform obviously. Take a look closely at the interior shot and you shall see it is our interior with the door panels and dash. If you don't think this would be a worthy successor to the NSX, then you don't like the current NSX :confused:.

As far as the rear end goes, it looks pretty sweet to me. It reminds of the Gallardo rear end, but still original and NSXy. Again, the proportions are all there. It has to be, since it's the original proportions we are all used to. A new front bumper, engine cover, lower valence and rims would be set this Avenger NSX off! Sounds like typical NSX owner activity anyways :wink:

I think people are just thrown off by the tacky detailing like all of the silver/chrome trim (like the Saturn SKY/Saturn Motif) and Overly busy sculpting. I think this crazy detailing may have be a result of the Hollywood/Ironman motif, but then again Acura has been stumbling with the details IE. recent TL.

If the hidden concept direction is in the same vein, but cleaner in detailing, that would be fantastic! Here's to hoping the rumors are true...

I love it but where are the damn headlights:biggrin:

I really hope it's a vert as well so this way I keep old blue and get a new NSX that's a vert , more powerful plus BETTER MPG , all season capability with the SHAWD.

DAMN Honda rolled the NSX and S2K into one car then made it more capable , versatile than the old two. Still not sure about trusting them to actually deliver this but hopefully we'll know in a month.

Back