• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Factory 2013 NSX info sent to dealers

The entire car is bodied in the toned-down yet distinctive Keen Edge design, with a cab-forward arrangement and a mid-engine layout (a la the last NSX).

And then I....
images

You kwow what no one here as mentioned as much as we mention the GTR is that it's AWD set up is what gives it it's at track ability and the way it can put the power down. Honda has possibly made a mid engine hybrid GTR fighter that may match the turbo cars performance by less weight and the way the power gets to the wheels. It just might come closer than we think as the base V6 hybrid set up has close to 500lbtq if they exceed that with the NSX watch out.

Saw this post
http://vtec.net/forums/one-message?message_id=1020765&news_item_id=1020643

on VTEC.net and during review of the post there was a link (third post) that really stood out to me for the rendering sans the Acura beak, is gorgeous. The stance and the proportions are quite appealing to me. I must be honest, if the cars looks this good, is mid-engined, and made of aluminum, I'll be at my Acura dealership plopping down a deposit.

I'd love to go to the Detroit autoshow to see the car in person, but alas cannot due to work. For those of you that go, I'll be waiting to hear your thoughts on the vehicle.

Attachments

• 2015-Acura-NSX-Conceptual-Rendering-front-view.jpg
    2015-Acura-NSX-Conceptual-Rendering-front-view.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 222
But you're fine with casette tapes?
:biggrin:

I like my old casettes:redface: I have some self made "mix" tapes from college that i probably should get burned to cd.:rolleyes:

I must be getting cynical. I want to be excited but this isn't exactly the first time Honda has produced a concept for the new NSX.

matched to a 7-speed twin-clutch automatic with a newly developed integrated motor.

Can someone who knows about such things explain this in more detail? Is this Honda's version of an automated manual transmission? What does the "newly developed integrated motor" do in the transmission? Thanks.

http://vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=1020643 ( artcile submitted by: Jeff, Source: TOV News )

NSX (Concept)
Alongside the flagship, a new "super sports car" shares the role as the range topper for Acura. Acura didn't officially call it the NSX during their presentation, but everybody we spoke with following the presentation said it was indeed the NSX successor. I took that as good news. UPDATE: In their press release released this morning, Acura is calling it the "NSX Concept". Some text below is updated to reflect that.

Acura showed us the actual NSX Concept which will be revealed in Detroit next month. Unfortunately there was no photography allowed, but I can tell you that this will be one of the biggest reveals for Acura in recent history. Basically this is the car that was spied on the "Avengers" set late in the Summer, but it's clearly been further developed and it's also in hard-top form. Finished in a sliver paint, the concept is absolutely stunning, and carries on the NSX tradition of a mid-engine, rear-wheel drive layout. The design is muscular, futuristic, and sharp, and vaguely similar to the Audi R8.

Compared to the "Avengers" car, the front end on this concept actually has working LED headlights - there are 5 "squircle" projectors embedded within each headlight housing. The rear bumper is also virtually identical to the "Avengers" car but with a real roof and backlight and more "production-looking" taillights, the overall visage is considerably different. Like the "flagship", the exhaust finishers are integrated into the bumper. A really cool (but not necessarily original) styling element is the "flying buttress" C-pillars. The C-pillars feature a "pass-through" which appears to be designed to channel air smoothly around the cockpit and over the rear of the vehicle. It's like an elongated version of the flying buttress seen on the Ferrari 599 - the NSX has a much faster angle on the backlight, which naturally lengthens the C-pillar. The gap between the C-pillar and the glass is fairly narrow, however. For the record, this concept wore Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires in 255/35ZR19 size up front, and 275/30ZR20s in the rear.

Acura wouldn't tell us anything about the engine or powertrain, but off the record they were quick to tell us that the announced Electric SH-AWD system with 3.5L DI V6 was clearly not potent enough for this car. It should be noted that THAT powertrain, with its 7-speed dual clutch gearbox and 3 electric motors, develops a peak output in the neighborhood of 400hp. Obviously with the MR layout, Honda has to engineer a very specific setup for this car, and we're assuming it will essentially be a reversed layout compared to the FF-oriented design which was revealed previously.

We are hopeful that it will receive a very special high output, high revving gasoline engine that is fitting of the NSX heritage, while leveraging the electric motors and onboard battery to deliver on the "smart luxury" promise of excellent fuel economy. Acura told us that they would be releasing more information and details about this car at the upcoming Detroit Auto Show.

Last edited:
If this new "NSX" ships with the beak, I wonder how much of an aftermarket there will be for a new nose?

Much to the delight of rabid, froth-mouthed fans—and more than eight years of teasing on Acura’s part—a proper second-generation NSX sports car is on its way. The concept version debuts at the Detroit auto show in early January. (You can dive into the NSX 2.0’s decade-long gestation here, from its shifting engine placement to prototype spy photos to being repurposed as a race car. And those are just the tip of the iceberg.)

The 1st NSX was a technological tour de force when it arrived in 1990. The mid-engine sports car packed a dual-overhead-cam V-6 under an all-aluminum wrapper. The engine made 270 hp, a staggering number for a 6-cylinder engine at the time. For all that, it was the car’s handling that was the most impressive—piloting an NSX is like having the controls hard-wired to your gray matter.

Acura has decided that the new NSX will again use a mid-engine layout and that it will follow the 1st car’s general philosophy: The 2nd-gen model will be relatively lightweight, efficient, and make use of lots of new technology.

The company is still quiet about powertrain specifics, but we can offer some educated speculation. The engine will again be a V-6, but this time the gasoline engine will play a role in an ensemble hybrid-electric drivetrain. One or more electric motors likely will power the front wheels, and translation services between the gasoline engine and the tarmac will probably be provided by Honda’s new 7-speed dual-clutch gearbox. If this all sounds familiar, it’s because you read our own Mike Austin’s piece on Acura’s new hybrid AWD system. The impression we have is that the NSX’s powertrain will be inspired by the front-engine system Austin recently sampled in an Accord.

Styling-wise, the NSX concept we saw isn’t terribly far off from the sports car that Tony Stark (that’s Iron Man’s civilian name—or “Robert Downey, Jr.” if you want to get technical about it) drives in the upcoming Avengers movie. Proportions are similar to those of the original NSX: There’s a short, low hood, a relatively big canopy over the cabin, and a low, wide rear end. (The original car is pictured above—Acura hasn’t released official images of the concept yet.) This one’s also got side scoops to feed air to the engine.

When the car is unveiled at the Detroit show, Acura’s spokespeople are going to say this is a concept only. They may even say a decision is still yet to be made. But we hear it’s already received a green light for production, and will arrive sometime in 2012 or early 2013. It won’t be cheap, but Acura has no intention of approaching Lexus LFA pricing, either. We’d guess on a sticker in the $90,000-to-$130,000 range.

Better looking than the GTR but I'll wait for the Autoshow for confirmation

Hope I'm still breathing when they start production...........

49"?! Damn.. I hope he's wrong because that's similar to the R8, which feels too tall. I'm really hoping it's closer to 46" like the original, with room to lower another inch.

49"?! Damn.. I hope he's wrong because that's similar to the R8, which feels too tall. I'm really hoping it's closer to 46" like the original, with room to lower another inch.

exactly ...a big part of auto exoticism is the low-wide silouete....roof needs to be less than 47 inch to really stand out.

Back