• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Factory Head unit not coming on... Ideas?

My factory head unit is not coming on. It appears to be dead. Now I removed the door speakers and the footwell sub thingie, but I don't think that would keep the head unit from powering up, would it? I don't have the funds to replace the head unit just yet. Any suggestions on what might be the issue? I am currently in the process of replacing the door speakers and the sub with aftermarket amps... So I just need to figure out this whole factory stereo head unit issue.

Maybe an obvious question but did you check fuses?

If you removed the speakers and the speaker wires somehow were shorted - the headunit might blow a fuse to project itself.

I'm having a bit of a problem like this myself. The radio would work fine, then would not turn on until aprox 20-30min later by itself. If I turned the car off with the radio on it would come on immediately when I turned the car back on. The whole time I could turn the radio off with the button any time. Now it doesn't come on at all. I'll check the fuse tonight.

Back