• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Factory Keyless Entry

JC

Registered Member
HELLO EVERYONE:
Went to an Acura dealer yesterday to purchase "Factory Keyless Entry" for my 1997 NSX.
He said it listed for $575.00 , Would sell it to me for $470 + tax.
Are you kidding, does anyone know where I could fine one a
little cheaper. Thanks for any info.

PS: Sorry , I neglected to say thats over the counter price, not installed.

Last edited:
re

I would like one as well..
Are they hard to install?
wouldnt it be cheaper to get a viper or some other aftermarket alarm system with keyless entry?

thanks'

Re: re

mul1gan said:
I would like one as well..
Are they hard to install?
wouldnt it be cheaper to get a viper or some other aftermarket alarm system with keyless entry?

thanks'
Viper will cost you more; but, it has a microwave proximity detector for protection when the targa is off or the windows are down.

If you want a good quality remote with all the current bells and whistles you are better with an after market alarm IMO. For OEM I would use Neillo Acura.

I am not completely sure of this, but I think the after market alarms attaches to the wiring, where factory keyless plugs into factory wire
harness, or plugs. I don't want my wiring compromise.

JC

Gunn Acura gave me a list price of $465, and they give 25% off for NSXCA members, which reduced it to $348. I think it's basically a plug-and-play install with the wiring harness. This key bit is getting a little tiresome, so I'll probably do this easy upgrade soon too.

Back