• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Factory OEM Seats

see my post #4, I have the Downforce seats and love them but I track my car a lot if i didn't track the car a lot the OEM are better for everyday driving

For me it's the opposite, DF-R seats are more comfortable on long drives because of the cushion. Although you can't adjust the incline, I'm use to the angle now.

Oem seats are more comfortable for a wider array of people. The dfr seats are reasonably comfortable, providing you are thin enough to fit. Big problem is the way the seatbelt receiver sticks inward (even with the Type r receiver), it really does limit movement in the seat. And then there is the issue of getting in and out of the seats. So yeah, they do look nice, are lighter, give maybe a half-inch to an inch extra headroom, and hold you more securely, but for daily use the oems are just more practical.

Last edited:
I had my ivory's recovered via skins from leatherseats.com and they ran about $800 + a military discount. They sent out samples and "bone" was the closest color they had to our ivory. The entire front of the seat is 100% leather and the backs are vinyl (why waste the money?). I also ordered their seat heaters ($100 a side) and had them wired to acura TL switches in the EDM switch panel. I had a shop do the actual seat covering for ~$300. Hope this helps.

For those with DF-R seats, do you guys think the bottom cushion is so thick that the seating position is actually higher than OEM? It bothered me to a point where I had an upholstery guy make me a second bottom cushion.

I remember initially it was sitting higher than OEM, but moved the seat down a notch on the SOS sliders and now the bottom of the DF-R seats is nearly touching the floor.

the cushion compresses over time so it gets lower, when i get to the track i take the cushion out and its comfy as!
my seat is on the lowest possible setting and it does touch the floor the DF seats are better for track work but for everyday living cant beat OEM, I am definitely not saying the DF is not comfortable it is but everyday driving getting over the bolster etc is easier with standard seats.
AS Motorsports now has a OEM seat option so contact Adnan to see what he can do with Kite, i think that might be a good compromise between both

Kite in japan modifies OEM seats for a more sporty look,
Posted a few pictures on our facebook last week,

1891194_725222280855283_1795059713_n.jpg
155156_725222277521950_692974832_n.jpg

I installed a set of the Recaro Pole Position seats in leather with the SOS seat rails and absolutely love them.

I agree on the OEM seats being extremely well designed and very comfortable, but after driving with the PP around for almost two years now, both on the street and track, I find them just as comfortable as the OEM seats.

NSX_RecaroPP4.JPG

I installed a set of the Recaro Pole Position seats in leather with the SOS seat rails and absolutely love them.

I agree on the OEM seats being extremely well designed and very comfortable, but after driving with the PP around for almost two years now, both on the street and track, I find them just as comfortable as the OEM seats.

View attachment 111183

Had these seats too, lack of adjustment on any length of road trip is annoying. They may be good for tracking, but I can't see them as good daily drivers. I also bought the Recaro Sporster CS seats, they are adjustable, but too tall with Targa model NSXs, Would have been better overall I think with non targa car. Sit in seats out of the car like on a display for comparison, I have/had all of these and just sitting in a newly redone OEM seat tells me, they are more comfortable overall, thats my 5 cents worth.:cool:

Back