• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Factory Phone 1991

Does anyone have a picture of what the factory phone looked like in a 91 NSX. I am the second owner and have an analog phone mounted on the right side of the center console with the electronics in the truck.
Is this the factory phone? Thanks

Tom

Sounds like it. The easy way to tell is - do you have the buttons for hands-free operation located between the handbrake and the center console box? If so, does the phone work in hands-free mode? If yes, it's certainly OEM. Here is a diagram of what the parts look like, I do not have a photo handy. The NSX one has the separate handset and transceiver.

tsb-94-012-a.gif

Tom,

I have an original NSX Phone in my 1991. It is in the box in the center between the seats. The coin tray houses the hands free controls to dial and answer the phone. The actual transciever is in the trunk, on the right side. The phone has NSX in red across the face of the handset.

HTH,
LarryB

I installed the OEM phone back in 1992 and it was crap. It kept running the battery down when parked for a couple of days (like at the airport at midnight after an out-of-towner. Get a cellphone with a headset.

Thanks for the replies. Now I can tell it is NOT the OEM phone and a wonderfully obsolete analog phone added third party. I jst didn't want to start snipping wires. I also found out that the BOSE speakers are disabled and the previous owner had boxes made for behind the seat with Woofers added and an Alpine system replaced the OEM tuner combo. Sounds TERRIBLE....off to the toolbox for the wire cutters...Thanks.

Back