• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

factory sound system

I thought the same thing about butchering the console for a while. I talked myself into it one day when my wife put a small scratch on the otherwise perfect finish of the console. I had changed everything out except the head unit and still wasn't completely happy with the quality of the sound system so I went for it.

It depends on what you want and how far you want to go with the system.

I wanted a stock look AND good Sound Quality.

Take a look at my gallery and the posts from the top dogs of sound (you'll see their names in the stereo forum on this site). Following all of those posts really helped me understand the details and options.

Good luck and have fun. My system is just the way I want it finally, but it took a while to get there.

Remember, you can always buy an aftermarket console (SOS has them) and save your stock head unit and OEM console in case you want to go backwards or sell your car.

Last edited:
Let me guess. You haven't bothered looking in the NSX FAQ (answers to Frequently Asked Questions) and you haven't bothered doing a search on previous topics in the Stereo, Multimedia, Security & Electronic Gadgets Forum here. Am I correct?

pt91 said:
.... and the posts from the top dogs of sound (you'll see their names in the stereo forum on this site). ....
Is there really such a group or did you just create it in this very post? :cool:
You know I want to be in it (!!!) - what does "membership" entail - are you nominated or voted in or ??? Is it a subtle "anonomous" status open only to personal interpetation of who "is" or "isn't"?

I nominate you, pt91 as certainly a founding member - I think you may have just created this elite sub-membership but you are certainly an extremely deserving member (President?) IMO with your own very excellent custom set-up!

I hereby officially nominate pt91 as the Inaugural President of the NSXPrime Top Dogs Of Sound!

And maybe another category - Prime Technical Wizards -
Far & away the nomination for President, without any dispute & I would deem uncontested - Larry B!
Hail the Kings!

Ken,

I AM NOT WORTHY!!!! Maybe I could take minutes at your counsel meetings or run for coffee.

I was avoiding naming names of the top dogs of electronics and sound, but I think everyone knows who you and they are! :wink:

I was only smart enough to listen to others and have a professional do the work for me. You guys that did it yourself are in another league!!! :biggrin:

ralph said:
thanks guys, i think i will try sos console and ask them what they think is a good head unit for the car .

Ralph,
While SOS is a great aftermarket supplier for our cars, I am not sure why you would ask them (no offense to chris and staff) what HU to buy :confused:
Wouldn't that be like calling Crutchfield and asking them which is the best aftermarket clutch?
I would go to a local audio shop and check out some models or browse some major manufacturers' websites like Alpine, Kenwood, etc and do some comparisons.
There are many photos on this sight that illustrate various options of equipment and installations.
Ralph, are you planning on removing the HU and console after your lease expires. That may dictate how far you go with this project.

"Just cut it!!!" :rolleyes:

P.S. You can't go wrong with alpine products....At least for the head unit :biggrin:

Texas91Brent said:
P.S. You can't go wrong with alpine products....At least for the head unit :biggrin:
ditto that
biggthum.gif
biggthum.gif

i did check crutchfield web site and they said they did not measure this car and they can't help me, my local guy said what he has might stick out of the dash a little , science of speed on the other hand is showing a pic. with a sony that is perfectly flush with the dash, tha car is on a baloon lease and i wuold keep all original parts.

Back