• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fair price on a 1995 with 7K miles

Hello again. In my continued search for an NSX, I have found a 1995 NSX T with just under 7K miles. The car is as new with no defects or problems at all. It is Red with Black interior, all records, and perfect. It does have an automatic transmission (which I want). I know what the FAQ indcates for pricing, but I am curious what your opinions are as to a fair price on this car. I am not looking to get a "steal", I just want to pay a fair price.

Thanks everyone.

Beth

The pricing on the FAQ section I consider to be most reliable and
you would have to rate in accordingly on the upper end of the scale. Unusal car in regards that its most likley one of the lower mileage cars I heard of in a while especially at 9 years of age. In addition, its a auto which is not as desireable in the marketplace so its unique to say the least and you will be setting the market on it b/c its a unique example. If its the car you want, then go for it and make the offer.

Know that if it hasn't had the timing belt and water pump addressed that needs to be done now b/c its 2 years past due even w/those low miles and that will cost you $1200 to $1500 depending on where you go. Best join the NSXCA and get a 10% on that charge if you buy it and need service work done.

Good luck.

I suggest you to negotiate with the dealer, who allows you to take the car to Honda delarship for checking before putting down the money

**of course you pay for the checkup service.
but since you will be paying for an expensive sportscar anyway,
don't save just a little, but just to make sure you are getting what your are expecting....a very low mileage NSX...

good luck!!

The more common the car, the easier it is to come up with a fair market price, because there are lots of sales of similar cars to compare it with. For example, I can tell you within $2-3K what a fair price would be for a given 5-speed '91 with 75K miles - fair price meaning you could buy or sell cars at that price all day long.

A '95 NSX-T with 7K miles is already very rare, due to its low mileage. One with an automatic transmission is even more so.

The problem with a rare car is that there is no vast number of similar cars with which to compare it. As a result, the spread of possible prices can be very wide. And that spread can be even wider, depending on whether you are a buyer or a seller, and how urgent you are. What I mean is, if you are looking to buy a rare car, you may have to pay more, because they are harder to find. If you are looking to sell a rare car, you may have to sell for less, because buyers are hard to find. And even more so if you want to complete such a transaction within a very short time frame.

The Pricing section of the FAQ is a pretty good guide, but you have to apply some judgment to it. If the car hasn't had its timing belt and water pump changed, and/or if it hasn't had fluid changes every two years, then there's some question about its condition; even though the mileage would put it in the A category, the maintenance would put it in the C category. Similarly, you have to decide whether you think the price should be less, or more, with an automatic than with a manual.

Hey this is an increbible find on your part if you want an automatic. I did for a while and if I had found this car, I would have probably bought it. I ended up with a 6 speed and I have never looked back, I love the 6 speed, it really makes the car more fun to drive.

Regardless of that, what are they asking for the car? It seems to me that you are in the figurative driver's seat becasue the car is older, out of warranty, automatic which is not typically a car that is going to sell that quickly, so be patient and negotiate a deal that makes you smile everytime you drive the car without thinking you got ripped off. The advice re the timing belt, water pump, etc is good advice. Figure that compete service into your buying costs and negotiate accordingly.

I am thinking you will get a great car that you will never regret if you do not buy impulsively. Good luck.

Upper 30k's is a good deal..but lower 40's should not scare you if you really want the Auto...there are not around with 7k.

Thanks for all of the insight so far. The asking price is $41K, seller will not negotiate any lower. Also, car does not have remote entry, and does not have CD changer. Can these items be added easliy after purchase?

Thanks again.

Beth

That is a great price with that low of mileage. Mine is 95-T Auto and bought it last year with 38k miles. I Paid $38k from Indep dealer. Be sure to have it thoroughly inspected for the "unknowns" that may cost you later (i.e. WP/TB/EPS issue etc.).

If the car has the original paint and interior and the Carfax and prepurchase inspection don't indicate any problems I would have no problem paying $41k. Getting the options you want ( in this case the automatic ) is pretty important; I've always regretted it when I settled for less. This car may be one of a kind with those low miles, and there is no substitute for low miles. It almost always means less maintenance costs, and if nothing else means the car will be worth more later when you want to sell it. In my experience I have always been MUCH better off in terms of cost of ownership when I paid more for a low mile car than less for a higher mile car. If this car is what it is supposed to be you are getting a virtually new car even to the point of new car smell for half of what it cost new.

Trigger has been pulled

Well, I have a deposit on the car and pick it up at the end of the month!!:D

Thanks to everyone that has helped and I look forward to being an active member of the forum. By the way, I already want to know how to increase the performance;) . I know, I know, nothing can be done with the automatic trans cars....:)

Thanks again.

BE

Re: Trigger has been pulled

96ce said:
Well, I have a deposit on the car and pick it up at the end of the month!!:D

Thanks to everyone that has helped and I look forward to being an active member of the forum. By the way, I already want to know how to increase the performance;) . I know, I know, nothing can be done with the automatic trans cars....:)

Thanks again.

BE

Congrats!! One of mine is an automatic and it is still a blast to drive. Where is this car located? How did you find it?

$41k sounds like a great price for a 1995 in that condition and milage. I guess the automatic could take away some value but Hey, I want almost that much for my 91.

Back