• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fall s2000 / NSX drive

Great info, I never even though about the parking situation on the boat but I guess they like to pack it tight. I'm staying at Seneca Lodge which has a map from I 90 to their site. I already reserved online so I'll have to see what they say when I get there
Will be reminding them about the need of my car to have some space around it. No door dings yet and I'd love to keep it that way.

I know the Lodge, although I have never stayed there. If your staying in a cabin vs. the actual Lodge parking lot you may need to park and walk, you get onto bad dirt roads quick, I'd walk it first.

My directions off the Ferry are the fastest to 90.

I have eaten at the Lodge (pretty good; Steaks are their thing) as well as tapped their wireless (when its up).

You can bring your own wine to dinner (anywhere) - I'd recommend a Shiraz from Australia :biggrin: (for steaks) - the local stuff is VQA minus quality. (I fit a small cooler and icepak in my trunk and it protects the wine from the engine heat nicely.)

I would recommend the Red Newt (Red Lizzard Logo) for finer dinning (15 minutes away up 414/14A)

The Seneca Lodge is quite "rustic" to put it mildly, particularily if you opt for the cabins. Just be prepared for our GF may not talk to you for a while - which may or may not be a good thing, depending on how you look at it. I never ate at the restaurant at the Lodge but I recall a couple of years ago, a group of PCA members that ate there got really sick and later found out they all got food poison. After hearing that, I never bothered eating there. Things may have improved since then. We always ate at one of the local restaurants in town along the main strip. The only good thing about Seneca Lodge is that its relatively close to the track. Two of my friends that will be going to WGI this Mon/Tue will be staying at The Falls Motel http://www.thefallsmotel.com. I've never stayed there but they tell me its nice (nicer than Seneca Lodge that is).

Hey Stu, I never knew about that detour at Genesse. We've always turned left at the lights and used the truck route. I'll have to remember to go your way the next time. The very first time I went down to WGI, I recall going too far on that road through town and hitting the deadend. Its funny that you mentioned that - you must have done the same.

The drive down on Hwy 14 is quite scenic this time of year but as Stu pointed out - watch your speed. I've seen a few radar traps along the way hiding just around blind corners behind the bushes.

The weather looks awesome for next week - enjoy it and remember to stay off the walls. Take particular care going through the uphill esses and don't even think about lifting off the throttle at the top! I've seen a few guys bounce off the guardrails on both sides like a bing-ball.

Thanks for all the tips, especially about staying off the walls! If I don't, I'll be needing a few bottles of the good wine :biggrin:
Looking forward to it but realizing that slow and steady wins the race, doesn't it?

Up hill esses - I forgot who died when he got half his car under the armco there (and was basically decapitated) but I do remember Wayne (Taylor) (former World Sportscar Champ, 2x LeMans winner, Daytona 24hrs winner) teling Max (Angelleli) (Former Formula 3000 World Champ, etc, etc.) about it and pointing out that they didn't even put an extra strip of armco in to prevent it next time!:eek:

Food and Lodging - Better than the "At the Falls Motel" is the Falls B&B just up the road - I've stayed there and I'm sure they'll remember me (or my car!). (They're originally from Toronto). It is reasonably priced ($100 on weekends) and close. There are also a few other options in the area that are nice, the best is Magnolia Place (about $40-70 per night more than at the Falls B&B). I've also stayed a nice B&B in the town on 14, I forget its name, but if you need to know I'll find it for you.

Yes Seneca is rustic and the food poisoning story is awful! But my steak there was great for what it was - reminded me of summer camp with steak and wine! I can't recommend the Red Newt enough, great meal for MFN country. :wink:

coiler said:
Looking forward to it but realizing that slow and steady wins the race, doesn't it?

In (real, endurance) sports car racing you are right, protect the car, don't lose position, and rock and roll at the end. :biggrin:

Well looks it'll be rustic for me! I'll know a lot more once I get to look around a bit. Won't really have too much time though as its a late Sunday arrival, track on Monday, Monday night food at the track, Tuesday track then head home. Looks like later Mon night is my only real free time. Now I see there is a lapping day at Mosport on Monday that I'll miss. Geez, I'm going to have to buy a track car now! While I was getting my Tech inspection done I happened upon an article about a Noble M400. Checked out their website with some movies of drivers taking that thing around a track. Now thats a toy to save for, that is if they are even possible to get . Guess I can always dream :rolleyes:

You're likely to see some nice machines at this PCA event. There is usually a gentleman (forgot his name) that brings his Ultima GTR. It has a twin-turbo Z06 motor putting out something like 650+ hp in detuned form. He also has a super-charged Zanardi and something like 20 or more other cars if I recall correctly. Sometimes a couple of 962's show up for fun. They usually spend most of their time in the garage trying to get them to work properly but when they do, they're a real treat to watch on the track.

GreatWhiteNorth said:
You're likely to see some nice machines at this PCA event. There is usually a gentleman (forgot his name) that brings his Ultima GTR. It has a twin-turbo Z06 motor putting out something like 650+ hp in detuned form. He also has a super-charged Zanardi and something like 20 or more other cars if I recall correctly.

You think he could adopt me?
As long as he isn't bringing those machines into the "green run group" its all good with me :biggrin:

Re: Fall s2000 / NSX drive -cancelled.. Fall Salamander instead

tumbler said:
Update - due to lack of interest and money the Oct. 8th track day is cancelled. Instead, if there is interest we will have another drive like the one we had earlier this summer called the "salamander" of which nsx2nv, spa_s2000 and red dragon attended.

2005 MoosePort
Sat. Oct. 8th

Sat. Oct. 8th

2.5 mile Grand Prix Track
Track Rental - $4,500.00
Corner Workers (10 @ $85.00) - $850.00?
Ambulance - $850.00
Tow Truck - $350.00?
Insurance - $1,100.00

Total $7,650.00

If the price is too high, I'm trying to see if we can tag onto someone else's saturday as well.

I'll report back

I can go on oct 8th

I think I can do the 9th but can't do the 8th for sure

Back