• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fallingwater Weekend

Karen and I are seriously considering the trip as advertised on Prime. We would drive up on Saturday and home on Sunday. Are there other DC area drivers that are interested in making the trip?
Fallingwater House is a Frank Lloyd Wright jewel and if you have not seen it, it is a very enjoyable outing...plus all the other stuff that's been planned.

We would drive up on Saturday
I have been considering it, especially as the drive is likely to be very nice this time of year, but the 4 hour trip and cost is making me question it. I am saving my pennies for a trip up to Ben and with this event being a minimum $500 (and more likely $650), its a hard sell to the wife.

You leaving early morning Saturday? I thought that this event was a show up on Friday type of thing? Driving up on Saturday would shave off the cost of one night at the hotel.

I have been considering it, especially as the drive is likely to be very nice this time of year, but the 4 hour trip and cost is making me question it. I am saving my pennies for a trip up to Ben and with this event being a minimum $500 (and more likely $650), its a hard sell to the wife.

You leaving early morning Saturday? I thought that this event was a show up on Friday type of thing? Driving up on Saturday would shave off the cost of one night at the hotel.

Yes, I am thinking of just doing the Saturday/Sunday part of it. My chosen profession does not encourage days off. I am also interested in managing the costs. Let's see how this thread fills out and perhaps organize a nice little early morning convoy up.

I was considering going up early Saturday, but that's quite a long drive and I'm not much of an early early morning person anymore.

I was considering going up early Saturday, but that's quite a long drive and I'm not much of an early early morning person anymore.

Hey, it's only about 3 1/2 hours to get there. I get up at 5 every weekday morning so what the heck.
Anyone else up for it???

Hey all, I do hope you'll be able to make it up for the trip. Heading right to Kentuck Knob would save you time and the $'s for Friday night at the hotel.

You can get the hotel at just 127.50 per night (and are welcome to stay at a cheaper hotel in the area if you want) if you don't want breakfast. If we can rustle up some sponsorship, we might be able to get that price down a bit as well. If you know of any possible sponsors, send me their contact information and I'll do what I can.

Think of it as a Saturday dinner out at a nice restaurant with appetizers and dessert - 120.00-150.00 including tax and tip would be pretty reasonable

Lunch at a nice cultural institution 25.00 for two with tip

Two museum admissions for 2 60.00 total

and clothes: you both get T-shirts 20.00

It is almost like you are being paid to drive your NSX and enjoy time with a great group of people.

Hope we'll see some of you there!

I am going to have to pass on this.
Too much to do and not enough time to get it done. I just cannot afford to take a weekend off at this time.
Karen and I will likely do it as a day trip later this fall or in the spring. It means a long day driving the NSX, darn the luck, but a man's gotta do ....

Back