• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fan problems:

are you talking about your climate control? if so, nsxprime member "briank" is who you should send the climate control board to.

My fans in my '98 either on FULL BLAST, or off. This happened out of the blue. Can any tell me anything that I may be able to check myself, before it goes to the Acura dealer at $90/hr?

Mine did the same thing, the CCU are know to fail and yes BrianK is the man if you need a replacement. He had a JDM one awhile back that I would have hoped all over, had I not just redid mine.

Most "fan only runs on high" are caused by problems with the CCU. Repair is an option you can also have the dealer replace the control board for $800 + labor. Or as happens once in a while the dealer will try replacing the power transistor and blower motor first for even more profit.

Last edited:
Most fan only run on high are caused by problems with the CCU. Repair is an option you can also replace the control board for $800 + labor. Or as happens once in a while the dealer will try replacing the power transistor and blower motor first for even more profit.
$800! dam..more C notes down the drain. If I wasn't so picky on wanting everything perfect, I'd buy portable fan to clip on my visor instead. So BrianK, would you happen to have a unit for this, or is it going back to Acura and prepare the chq book? Thx for the re-direct "sjones". :)

This exact thing happened to me 2 yrs. ago. It only gets worse, till the climate control unit won't come on at all.
I talked to my local dealer, who said it would cost about $2,000 for parts & labor!!! :eek:
They also indicated that I might have to replace the fan resistor (just like Brian said) because the ccu may have "ruined" it. (This would cost another $358.00!)
I started researching it here on Prime and was told about Briank.
At first I was skeptical...but everyone on Prime said that this was the problem and Briank was "the man".
I sent the unit (took me 45 mins to remove...I'm a woman) to Brian and he replaced the leaking "caps" on the ccu board.
He repaired it and sent it back all in one week!!! :smile:
It has worked perfectly for 2 years now. Brian is the "ccu guru"!
Don't know what I'd do without Prime & Briank.

I sent the unit (took me 45 mins to remove...I'm a woman) to Brian and he replaced the leaking "caps" on the ccu board.
QUOTE]

Even a woman can do it eh?...how can I even face you people if I can't figure out how to take this apart? My previous threads did mention about me having the possibly of hurting myself just by changing a tire. Talk about pressure! Not kidding! Thx Briank, I will check into this when I get back to N.A. and tackle this. "Todddejag..mind giving me some pointers to start this job properly? I have minimal ego luckily.:)

Glad Brian has that link, as I could not find the "On-Line" tech manual that used to be on Prime.

The most difficult part is getting the clips to release at the very top, above the vents. Using a thin, yet strong "feeler-gauge" helps. Also...be VERY careful when removing, around the ashtray area, as the facia is very thin/narrow there and can easily crack.

It really is not that difficult. It was the first time I had removed it.

Best of luck!....Deborah :smile:

Glad Brian has that link, as I could not find the "On-Line" tech manual that used to be on Prime.

The most difficult part is getting the clips to release at the very top, above the vents. Using a thin, yet strong "feeler-gauge" helps. Also...be VERY careful when removing, around the ashtray area, as the facia is very thin/narrow there and can easily crack.

It really is not that difficult. It was the first time I had removed it.

Best of luck!....Deborah :smile:
Ya..i bent a section on the aluminum center console on my old '91 before. Never wanna go near it again. U, or BrianK think I can save a bunch if I was to get the CCU from BrianK, then get Acura to install them? That way if sh^&, was too happen, I'll prolly get a new one, or atleast replaced free of charge. Pay a little more for the piece of mind? So far, i was told I am the only Nsx that goes to that place for service, so they treat me really well. Always wonder why tho, cuz this dealership "Northshore Acura", is awesome on service and customer follow-ups. Maybe cuz I'm the only one there that doesn't know what I'm doing with this car :(

Hey BrianK,
I have a few questions about my CCU... I believe it needs repair as the A/C isn't working, however I also have a problem with the temperature knob. When you rotate it, it jumps irratically from 60F through 90F... ie: it doesn't progressively change the temperature range from 60F through 90F when you turn the knob one way or the other.

Is this something you can fix as well?

PS: the OFF button is also worn out and no longer says "OFF".. is that a replacable part?

Thanks.

Back