• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

FAQ - How to import a car

Thank you.

Do you think my mechanic (Acura) can install it ?
How long is it ?

I got a quote from an acura dealership and he says around $800-1000 parts included which is REDICULOUS!! To be honest warren's way is pretty easy for a DIY and all you need is probably $20 in parts. If you know how to navigate the front of the car, it should take no more than 45mins-1hour =)

I did it myself and it looked splendid =D

Hey Canadian Primers,

Has anyone recently imported a NSX into Ontario? Reason I ask is that I've imported mine but haven't paid the Provincial tax...but as the GST is now HST would I still need to pay provincial tax in Ontario if I register it there?

My car is being shipped from Vancouver on the 25th so I'd appreciate any advice before she hits T-Dot.

Thanks,
cam

Hey Canadian Primers,

Has anyone recently imported a NSX into Ontario? Reason I ask is that I've imported mine but haven't paid the Provincial tax...but as the GST is now HST would I still need to pay provincial tax in Ontario if I register it there?

My car is being shipped from Vancouver on the 25th so I'd appreciate any advice before she hits T-Dot.

Thanks,
cam

Cam - have you plated it in BC yet?

Cam - have you plated it in BC yet?

Sean, no I haven't as it didn't go thru the RIV program due to its age.

So...now that I'm trucking it to Toronto on the 25th I need to obviously pay the provincial tax and get it registered.

Do we forsee any issues?

Last edited:
I don't think so Cam. Get in touch with Red (Stuart) he's due to import his NSX any time now and he's had it up here for a bit.

Thanks Sean! I've since sent a PM to Stu asking him what's involved etc. as I'm not familiar with how the Ontario system is for registering and insuring a vehicle. My father-in-law is assisting as well.

Cam

Hi Cam,

I imported my nsx last year in Nov. Since I owned the vehicle from California they didn't make me pay for the provincial tax. Although I had to pay the import duty and the federal tax at the border.

Hi Cam,

I imported my nsx last year in Nov. Since I owned the vehicle from California they didn't make me pay for the provincial tax. Although I had to pay the import duty and the federal tax at the border.

That makes sense as you could show ownership in the U.S. My case is different in that it hasn't been registered since I brought it into Canada...:wink:

Back