• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

FAQ, up to date?

Maybe its just me but in the buy/sell FAQ nsx pricing it seems to be out dated as many nsxs' for sale on both prime and other markets are in A or B condition yet are going for C or D or even F quality prices. I am aware that the market is whatever potential buyers are willing to pay, however I would be more confident in price guidlines/opinions that were updated as opposed to when the FAQ was created. Just my humble opinion.

ashman said:
Maybe its just me but in the buy/sell FAQ nsx pricing it seems to be out dated as many nsxs' for sale on both prime and other markets are in A or B condition yet are going for C or D or even F quality prices. I am aware that the market is whatever potential buyers are willing to pay, however I would be more confident in price guidlines/opinions that were updated as opposed to when the FAQ was created.
The Pricing in that section is very accurate IMO for the 1991-1999 NSX, not for the 2000-2005 NSX.

The biggest reason for NSXs selling for C, D, or F prices is that their condition really is C, D, or F. Look beyond the claim of "excellent/nice/pristine condition" (which appears in virtually every listing) and look at things like whether the mileage is above or below average (average for NSXs is 5K miles per year), whether the scheduled maintenance is up to date, whether known problems (e.g. snap ring) have been addressed, whether ill-chosen mods have been made, whether crappy tires are on the car, etc. In most ad listings, these indicators of condition are omitted, and they are usually omitted intentionally, because they are indeed problem areas that mean that the car is a C, D, or F rather than an A or B.

Back