• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fast 5

So, what's it take to rent a car for a movie?

To be honest, I don't know. I went to the cattle call when they did the fourth movie, but they didn't even look at my car and didn't bothered to get my contact information, but I got a call from no where and got the gig.

Got the insurance binder through e-mail today from Universal. I think they're going to call back the cast to do the scene, explained to me by the agent. An appointment for tomorrow at noon to pick up my car on a flatbed with the delivery of a rental check.

Hopefully the car can be seen on the screen for more than just 45 seconds this time around. As usual, they will open the movie with something outrageously impossible.

I just check it and the privacy was not set to public. It is now.

Last edited:
I hope they keep the antenna down this time!!! :biggrin:

Discrepancy to look for. The license plate is different, so are the wheels.

Supposedly the scene is pretty grand and the guys where telling me the scene is a little over the top..lol.

The big deal during the shoot was with Paul Walker, supposedly he was all over my car and was talking about getting one after taking my car out for a spin.

Thats cool that your car is in the movie, i just couldnt get over all the tons of ppls drifting and driving it. By the time you know it the entire cast took it around the track.

I hope they treated your car well. It would be hard for me to let it go and not know who was driving it or how it wad being taken care of. I'm looking forward to seeing it in the movie.

The big deal during the shoot was with Paul Walker, supposedly he was all over my car and was talking about getting one after taking my car out for a spin.

We will be happy to welcome Paul to the NSX community in spite of some of his character's poor automotive choices in past films. :biggrin:

We will be happy to welcome Paul to the NSX community in spite of some of his character's poor automotive choices in past films. :biggrin:

You mean the Mitsu Eclipse:biggrin: or was he driving the EVO?

BTW - Congrats Vance - This is awesome. When is the movie coming out?

You mean the Mitsu Eclipse:biggrin: or was he driving the EVO?

BTW - Congrats Vance - This is awesome. When is the movie coming out?

The movie comes out April 29th to a movie theater near you.

CONGRATS Vince. I had a great time on set here in Atlanta. I hope your nsx get more screen time!

Just got the car back today. There were some battle scars last week when I inspected the car, but Universal fixed them and did a great job. I had some minor scratch on the lower left side of the front bumper, a rock chip on the windshield, and the interior was really dirty.

They took care of the bumper, gave me a new front lip, and a brand new windshield including all the replacement seals. They even did a full detail on my car, inside out. I was surprised how responsible they were. They also thanked me for not raising hell.

The seals on my windshield was coming lose and I bought replacement for it and they weren't cheap, and now I have a spare set for years to come.

The movie is going to be a lot better than the previous four, they show me clips of it involving my car and I was very impressed. It will still be somewhat corny but a major improvement with some "wannabe good" acting.

I wasn't very excited about the movie but now, I can't wait to see it.

OMG I CANT WAIT seriously.

I wonder if there will be lines from Vin Diesel such as

"Wait, that's a HOnda?" LOL:biggrin:

I just ran in to my buddy on the set of wonder woman, and he just finished up the fast5 shot up at the grape vine. The prison bus scene required the largest safety lockup in car stunts, in history. They rigged 4 huge pistons inside the bus that smashed into the ground, flipping it.

To bad I didn't get this call. I turned down fast4 for boston legal... Would have so left wonder woman for fast 5.

Sounds like it's going to be one hell of a scene

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Back