• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fast and Furious 3 is a go.

Universal Green Lights The Fast and the Furious 3 Source: Variety Tuesday, March 9, 2004

Universal Pictures has given a green light to the third installment of "The Fast and the Furious" series for the studio's 2005 summer slate. Vin Diesel is in talks to return to the franchise after skipping sequel 2 Fast 2 Furious, while the studio is not currently planning to have Paul Walker, a star of both previous incarnations, return for the third outing.

Screenwriter Chris Morgan (Celllular) has been hired to pen a script. His concept picks up Diesel's character, Dominic Torretto, where he was left off at the end of the first film, a fugitive of the law hiding out in Mexico. The action quickly moves to Tokyo, the current Mecca of street racing, where Torretto tries to bail out a friend in trouble with gangsters.

The studio is developing "Fast 3" as a Diesel vehicle but said there is no deal in place yet with the actor. Diesel's representative said he hopes to return for "Fast 3" but is waiting to see a script before committing.

http://comingsoon.net/news.php?id=3819

another article here : http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,13666,00.html?tnews

prova4re said:
.... The action quickly moves to Tokyo, the current Mecca of street racing.....

Drifting?? Or just plain ole' drag racing (again)? The smart $$ will go to seeing some of the former at the very least, given the consideration that drifting already have by now forever embedded into American Sports Compact culture, the movie's targeted demographic.

If it's a Vin Diesel vehicle it's quite possible the movie could actually be better...I think he's been successful enough he wouldn't do some cheesy storyline anymore...but I could be wrong, some of XXX was pretty lame.

I think they could make a pretty great movie if they got a lot of the crap out.

I think FF2 was better than 1. Maybe 3 will be the best...

Let's hope they actually use the NSX this time!

Oh my....I wonder if this one will have some more actual car scenes that are not computer generated? :D

Given how lame FF2 was, I'm surprised they're even going near the next sequel. On the other hand, not so surprising Vin Diesel might be coming back considering how well his career has taken off(not).

Stop the madness!!!!:eek: Hey, why don't they break out a new cannonball run while they are at it. I would love another movie that incorporated a limo driving Chimp and Tony Danza. How he didn't win an oscar, I will never know. :rolleyes:

Meeyatch1 said:
Oh my....I wonder if this one will have some more actual car scenes that are not computer generated? :D

Insider scoop!

Here are some of the pre-production action sequences taken from FF3. And remember guys, you saw it here first! ;)

Enjoy!

Attachments

• initial d 1.jpg
    initial d 1.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 553
Zanardi 50 said:
Insider scoop!

Here are some of the pre-production action sequences taken from FF3. And remember guys, you saw it here first! ;)

Enjoy!

Hey, I thought that Vin Diesel in his Charger was going to be the star of the show, not Takumi in the 8-6!!

I just hope they get off of that Mitsubishi kick they were on for the last two movies.

It would be nice if they had some real cars as the "stars" of the movie.

naaman said:
I just hope they get off of that Mitsubishi kick they were on for the last two movies.
I thought they just went with whoever ponied up the most amount of dough...and since Honda wouldn't play they went with Mitsu instead.

Maybe this time they've decided to use NeoNSX's idea for the sequel:

attachment.php

:eek: :eek: :eek:

NetViper said:

Let's hope they actually use the NSX this time!

why would you guys want that? it would start of a NSX trend among the ricers getting the older NSX's and phucking them up! :mad:

Supra prices are just coming down now =/

Well young KulSecHskY, for those of us who already have the NSX, FF3 would artificially inflate the value of our cars like it did to the RX7 and Supra. The RX7 is notorious for 'reliability' issues, and a TT Supra probably costs more than what I paid for my NSX. Hey, you still have time to purchase before the movie comes out in 2005.

Allright you guys, you are all WRONG about Vin Diesel's car in Mexico. It was NOT a charger. The charger's was his dad's that was smashed up with the race with Paul Walker in the Supra (the one that managed to do a wheelie and burn out at the same time!) In Mexico, he was driving a different car. It was not a Camaro, but a 1970 Chevelle.

Back