• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Faster Than You!

Just got the hottest new Honda and can smoke any NSX, any time during commute hours!!!

OK, it's just a Civic Hybrid, but in rush hour, I can jump into the commuter lane and leave you breathing my ULEV fumes in the parking lot that is HW101. Rush hour really sucks for NSXs...

Dinan M3 said:
Just got the hottest new Honda and can smoke any NSX, any time during commute hours!!!

OK, it's just a Civic Hybrid, but in rush hour, I can jump into the commuter lane and leave you breathing my ULEV fumes in the parking lot that is HW101. Rush hour really sucks for NSXs...

blah, tree hugger.:biggrin:

Dinan M3 said:

I have a few of those Civic Hybrids........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Stuck in the tread of my H2 tires. :wink: :biggrin:

Dinan M3 said:

we've had our golf cart, errr, sorry - prius - for about 6 months now and we love it for around town / <200 mile drives... lots of room, fair stereo system, navigation, blue tooth, etc... and fuel consumption is next to nothing.

motorcycle for easy-peasy parking
nsx on sundays
yukon for towing playthings
prius as needed
bicycle the rest of the time.

yeah, that's the ticket.

Dinan M3 said:

How long did it take you to get your Carpool permit?

randomharmony said:
almost thought you mean "tricycle".:biggrin: :biggrin:
since my sense of balance and motor skills continue to be fine (at my death-defying age of 52 :eek: , it doesn't look like i'll need one anytime in the near future.

makena88 said:
How long did it take you to get your Carpool permit?
You need to get the FasTrak thing first, then get the stickers. The FasTrak application seems to require your registration, so I can't apply for it until my registration docs are mailed. If you're interested in using the Lexus Lane via a hybrid, you'd better hurry because they surpassed the 50k mark not long ago and the number of stickers will eventually be limited.

BTW, on the downhill part of my commute, I usually pass a few cars on the descent when I ride my bike to work...

Haven't seen Fester in a few months, though I've seen an occasional post.

Tree hugger? Heck, I'd drive a Sherman tank in the diamond lane if they let me - I just hate sitting in stop-n-go traffic and this is the only viable option. My hybrid isn't for the environment, it's for quality of life (i.e., not wasting time in traffic).

Dinan M3 said:
Tree hugger? Heck, I'd drive a Sherman tank in the diamond lane if they let me - I just hate sitting in stop-n-go traffic and this is the only viable option. My hybrid isn't for the environment, it's for quality of life (i.e., not wasting time in traffic).

lol just a sherman? Not a Abrams MBT?:biggrin: The Abrams would make a great daily though.... hard on the wallet when in comes to fuel though:tongue:

NsSeX said:
lol just a sherman? Not a Abrams MBT?:biggrin: The Abrams would make a great daily though.... hard on the wallet when in comes to fuel though:tongue:

The Abrams is too wide to fit in the diamond lane and besides, you can get a surplus Sherman for next to nothing! :biggrin: And because of the bike racing, I do consume a bunch of granola bars - how'd you know that?

Congrats on the new Civic Hybrid. :smile:

I purchased a 2005 Civic Hybrid for my wife before they passed the HOV law in anticipation that they will pass it. Sure enough, the day after it was announced, I applied for the stickers and got it within 2 weeks. Now my wife won't give up the car. She has to commute through the Bay Bridge everyday so this car not only gets us around 43mpg overall, it saves her at least 30 minutes commute time and the best thing of it all, we don't have to pay bridge toll. :cool:

When we applied for the stickers, we provided a copy of our Fastrack statement which showed 3 boxes. They processed our forms and sent us the stickers. Now when my wife drives through the carpool booth, it registers as "NO PAY". Isn't that GREAT? :biggrin:

Kind of wish I waited for the newer body style because I really like it better than the previous one but hey, got the 2005 at dealer invoice with 1.9 financing so I guess I shouldn't complain too much. :rolleyes:

whiteNSXs said:
I thought you were talking about "Fester than You." Where is Uncle Fester aka Ken stomping nowadays?
Steve

Yeah, here I am, and I have a Civic Hybrid too! In fact, some of you may remember that I had an Insight as well. I loved the Insight, 65 mpg and made in the NSX Tochigi plant. Wish I hadn't sold it.

Back