• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

fastest nsx 1/4 mile?

Ya Ya Ya Ya U know that you are not supposed to drag race an NSX but isnt that the standard that all cars are measured? Does any one know if anyone has run faster than 10.39 in the 1/4 mile in an NSX that still has the NSX running gear, whether it is turbo or s/c or nitrous, street car?

I know that there was a early year back nsx all over youtube that was very close or faster.

I think Factor X made it in to the 9's some years ago. Think they were breaking axles then too. Not sure about lowellhigh's as his has 1000 hp at the crank but not sure what his tranny set-up is nor if he ever ran the 1/4 mile with it.

What surprises me is that he was actually able to put the power down. I have similar HP on high boost (21 lbs) on a Mustang dyno but at low boost (15 lbs) I still routinely break traction in 3rd gear.

I'm more surprised that he came back and posted that he did a 10 second run and nobody said anything?? No doubters....no congrats.......:confused:

I think Factor X made it in to the 9's some years ago. Think they were breaking axles then too. Not sure about lowellhigh's as his has 1000 hp at the crank but not sure what his tranny set-up is nor if he ever ran the 1/4 mile with it.

Danny's car put 1000whp to the ground!!

We came close to running the 9 a while back... Here is the video

http://www.streetfire.net/video/fx-motorsports-development-unlimited-time-attack-n_690936.htm

Then this year we tried again and didnt do as well... In the off season we are going back to try again. Hopefully with full aero load as we want that number in TA config. It will be difficult though with the amount of df on our new aero platform:)

http://www.streetfire.net/video/750hp-10-second-worlds-fastest-drag-time-attack-nsx_2036601.htm

I am just trying to make my car as fast as I can ,and if I beat that time that would be great, but that is not my goal as my car is a daily driver.

ummmmm ok. If you try to make your car sickly fast( running 10's). That thing is going to break all the time if you daily drive it.

ummmmm ok. If you try to make your car sickly fast( running 10's). That thing is going to break all the time if you daily drive it.

I drove my 10sec eclipse for 4+ months as a daily, racing it every weekend, to and from the track. Granted its not an NSX, but still a car that wasn't supposed to be daily driven ride.

So I think it is absolutely possible to daily a monster. Not the cheapest route to go, but definitely possible.

Last edited:
I daily drove my 11 second 400whp ls-turbo integra for about 2 years. Stock block with a built head. Ran like a champ, even drove it in the snow one year out of necessity on bald RT615s which was kinda sketchy lol.

I wouldn't say its impossible but would require a good tune and experience drag racing to keep it in one piece.

Last edited:

ill agree with the other people there isnt nearly enough if any data at all to back up your statement. there are plenty of reliable turbo nsx's that are making enough or close to enough power to get into the 10s on a good tire.

Cheap. Fast. Reliable. Pick two. If he wants to spend the money, then the car will run just fine. Look at V8killer. 550 rwhp and drives as much as he likes. Look at Black01s4.. 685rwhp and drove it a few days a week. I've daily driven my car for 7 years ramping up the power yearly (now 440 rwhp on pump), and drive it as much as i can.. i just make sure to spend the money to keep it maintained.

Cheap. Fast. Reliable. Pick two. If he wants to spend the money, then the car will run just fine. Look at V8killer. 550 rwhp and drives as much as he likes. Look at Black01s4.. 685rwhp and drove it a few days a week. I've daily driven my car for 7 years ramping up the power yearly (now 440 rwhp on pump), and drive it as much as i can.. i just make sure to spend the money to keep it maintained.

+1... and on the flipside... on a shoe string budget, it would be tough to keep even a bone stock NSX (or other high performance car) running reliably. It really is all about attention to detail and not sparing any expense when the goal is to make a high performance vehicle a daily driver. Extensive aftermarket means you need access to a good shop though... Of course without that its pretty tough to get it to that level of performance to begin with :)

I agree that running 10 or 11 seconds in the 1/4 mile is hard on the car,however as a daily driver the car only makes 500 whp and as a turbo car you can not use even that much power on the street,so the street driving is not the issue,the true issue is on the track.The harder you push the car the sooner something will break(everything breaks its just a matter of time). More power, more wear and tear on the engine and driveline components,less power,less wear and tear.You cannot push the car hard enough on the street to do any driveline damage.As I have already driven 20,000 miles on the street.I think the key to longevity is a great tuner that knows what the car can handle. The only real problem that I have encountered on the track is a blown clutch,I would have never blown the clutch on the street as you cant get enough traction on the street to do damage. With the AEM ems there are plenty of safety limits that you must activate to save your engine and you can even program some things to protect your driveline as well.

Last edited:
hmmm I guess my friends just beat their cars to much. Every single time they would do up their cars with well over 400hps something would break. This would happen ever couple months. I guess if you drive your NSX very careful and tune it up the car will be fine. Thanks for the information guys.

Last edited:

I daily drove my 920WHP NSX for two years, with the exception of winters. The only time I broke ANYTHING was two third gearsets while drag racing and generally beating the snot out of the car. Oh, it coasted through with a 10.75@110mph, letting off in the 1/8th. I never got to run a full pass on big power due to the lack of a cage. The car would trap high 139MPH's at 600WHP on street tires.

In short, of the car is built right, it will run just fine in all sorts of conditions.

Last edited:
Back