• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

FedEx Monitor Delivery

I'm guessing this guy won't be a FedEx driver much longer...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PKUDTPbDhnA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

EDIT: not my house, or my monitor. Just a viddy I found funny.

Last edited:
That's awesome. Would love to see the faces of the FedEx employees when you show it to them. :eek:

Think that person will win any insurance claim they make :).

My parents had our Xmas gifts stolen right off the porch a couple days ago. Lots of houses were hit. A "crew" was following UPS/FedEx/etc and snatching boxes the second the driver left. The delivery was under strict orders not to leave packages at front door due to value on items too...:rolleyes:

Hmm, I'm actually going to disagree and actually give the guy kudos. My neighborhood has been hit and most recently been hit again with a string of package delivery thefts. It's so bad that I have a note permanently affixed to my door:

IMG_20111220_134847.jpg

I'm pissed when delivery people do not toss my packages over my fence/gate because then it's about a 50% rate of it not getting stolen.

As far as the monitor itself, it should be adequately packed to survive a toss like that. I've ordered bottles of wine, monitors, glass, cameras and all sorts of delicate items and I have not had a single broken item yet. And on the other side of my fence is hard concrete. In the video it looks like there was vegetation and grass to cushion the fall. I'm sure the monitor was just fine. If not, you can still file a shipping damage claim. But at least the owner got the package, as opposed to a theft, where you have to wait about 3 weeks minimum before you can even file a lost package claim. And even then, you look a lot more suspicious than if you can turn in a busted package. The insurance agency assumes you are just trying to get a free duplicate package since you can't actually prove the package was stolen. I'd much rather have a busted product (which has yet to happen in 5 years) then try to explain a mysteriously missing package (which I've had to do multiple times).

Sorry, but I do not want any of my electronic goods tossed over a fence like that - period. I find it hard to believe he could not be a little more gentle than that.

Sorry, but I do not want any of my electronic goods tossed over a fence like that - period. I find it hard to believe he could not be a little more gentle than that.

Then you haven't had 50% of you packages stolen from you house. You also haven't had to wait 3 weeks minimum to file the claim, another 2 weeks for the claim to clear, another 2 weeks for the product to reship and then take another 50% risk it could be stolen all over again. Consider yourself lucky.

I'd rather risk a broken product. At least with the broken product, I can complete the claim process and have a new one delivered in a week.

Last edited:
I have a fetish for a particular pretzel that I have sent to me through FedEx. Twice now they have been left by the main enterence of the house long enough to be turned back into soggy dough. It's a new driver, the old driver had a totally different attitude than this new guy has. My main enterence is not used and is blocked with trash cans, the enterence is behind a long granite wall so there is no way for any packages to get to that enterence unless they are thrown about 20 feet. I see now how those pretzels made it to that door. Even dumber is the enterence which is used is two feet away from the path leading to the main door. Idiots!

You should move. Or at least put up a security camera and make some funny Youtube viddies of the crooks.

Then I would have to change my Prime screen name (couldn't be Vega$ NSX anymore), and that's clearly way too much work and not really worth it.

However, I do have a camera system on the way. We already filmed one package bandit here in my neighborhood and turned it over to the police. The sad reality of it is the police aren't going to lift a finger for insured packages taken from the front of a house randomly.

Hmm, I'm actually going to disagree and actually give the guy kudos. My neighborhood has been hit and most recently been hit again with a string of package delivery thefts. It's so bad that I have a note permanently affixed to my door:

IMG_20111220_134847.jpg

I'm pissed when delivery people do not toss my packages over my fence/gate because then it's about a 50% rate of it not getting stolen.

As far as the monitor itself, it should be adequately packed to survive a toss like that. I've ordered bottles of wine, monitors, glass, cameras and all sorts of delicate items and I have not had a single broken item yet. And on the other side of my fence is hard concrete. In the video it looks like there was vegetation and grass to cushion the fall. I'm sure the monitor was just fine. If not, you can still file a shipping damage claim. But at least the owner got the package, as opposed to a theft, where you have to wait about 3 weeks minimum before you can even file a lost package claim. And even then, you look a lot more suspicious than if you can turn in a busted package. The insurance agency assumes you are just trying to get a free duplicate package since you can't actually prove the package was stolen. I'd much rather have a busted product (which has yet to happen in 5 years) then try to explain a mysteriously missing package (which I've had to do multiple times).

Majority of all packages from manufacturers are drop tested so I'm sure it was fine. :tongue:

They throw our packages over the fence all the time. Touchpads, vinyl wrap, kinects, everything has been fine so far. :eek:

That video above of the FedEx driver was on CNN today
And there was videos of ups and other comPanies doing the same thing
Wonder its laziness or push to meet deliver deadlines times?
By the way what the FedEx guy threw over the fence was a computer monitor

...I do have a camera system on the way....

i hope the camera system doesn't get stolen when it arrives at your place. that would suck royally!

All my deliveries of value have strict instructions to the sender to make sure they come signature required but even that has not stopped some packages from being left at my door.

Ask any UPS driver about "kick factor" boxes about the size of foot balls don't need to be picked up they can just be kicked along the floor.

Package delivery is a brutal job, in and out of the truck hundreds of times over the course of a 10 to 12 hour day. Not many of us could do it for day let alone for years.

Back