• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Feedback on Dali Oil Pan - High Capacity w/ Baffle

I know of two people that had the accusump stop working. One cost $1,000's to fix the damage. The Dali + 2 will alway work.

Lance

Hi,

I wanted to know if anyone had any opinions on the Dali +2qt oil pan with baffle?
http://daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=111&CFID=16976890&CFTOKEN=49625784

I haven't been able to find many people with it using the search function.

Would having this be just as good as an accusump +2qts and baffled pan?

Your knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

I know of two people that had the accusump stop working. One cost $1,000's to fix the damage. The Dali + 2 will alway work.

Lance

What were the conditions that the accusump stopped working? was it installation error? Or perhaps user error? I heard that there is some correct sequence of steps needed to get the accusump working properly.

Can you elaborate on what exactly stopped working and how it damaged the motor? Ive got the 3qt as well as the baffled pan so i'm a little curious.

I was under the impressing that the accusump is an appendage to the factory oiling system- IE, even if there is a terminal problem with the accusump, its contained to the accusump periphery and will not affect the oiling system.

EDIT: had I know how much I was going to spend on the oiling system components I would have just gone dry sump.

Last edited:
Nevermind the stopped working. Accusump is a pain in the ass, it takes up your trunk, it has lines that can leak, and max it gives you a few seconds more of oil pressure if you are Senna suddenly on slicks. It's not really the same as this product either, they do different things. I don't want an accusump because the pain isnt worth it to me, I just am not pulling those kinds of G's on my street tires. But I think an oil pan baffle and larger capacity pan like this (which I hadnt seen before other than the ARC) are worth it. The ARC is $900 but then I don't know if I would ever receive this pan if I bought one. Someone else try this and let me know how it is.

street tyres can only generate around 0.8g sustained, whereas track tyres can generate up to ~1.1 g sustained. I destroyed two Boxster S engines on track tyres (despite Porsche's advertising they had an 'integrated dry sump' which is BS).

The main risk is long sweeping corners, and an accusump can make pressure for 15 - 30 seconds and so they insure against the long sweepers.

but on street tyres, for most cars, long sweepers are not an issue (the oil doesn't move far enough) but you can still have sudden G changes that can still occur, leading to brief starvation at the oil pickup. That's where a simple oil baffle, and plenty of oil in sump or larger sump is good insurance

note if you have full on aero downforce (big wing etc) it can increase G's in a long fast sweeper, even on street tryes

Last edited:
I've regularly seen 1.1g on my yokohama ad08 and 1.4g on nt01s on my Racelogic Vbox. (jrz 600/400 & 1" sway F).

I have had a baffled pan and Accusump for years and zero problems with the Accusump

sent from my crappy cell phone.

Last edited:
I've regularly seen 1.1g on my yokohama ad08 and 1.4g on nt01s on my Racelogic Vbox. (jrz 600/400 & 1" sway F).
I have had a baffled pan and Accusump for years and zero problems with the Accusump
sent from my crappy cell phone.

My race engineer (Shad Huntley) recommends the accusump, so that is what we're going with in preparation for motor upgrades, end of story.

My race engineer (Shad Huntley) recommends the accusump, so that is what we're going with in preparation for motor upgrades, end of story.

What does he think of the bigger pan?

With the 3qt accusump and oil cooler its gunna increase your oil capacity by double already over stock. Add to that then the larger volume panand it will triple capacity. That'll be obviously help with temps but nothing over an efficient oil cooler should do. Especially since at that pointmost will be static in the pan. At that point, Unless your trying to win a 'how much oil' contest with the aircooled Porsche guys, just install a dry sump.

If you intent on NOT going dry sump, I would (and did) just baffle the stock oil pan and get a good oil cooler and the accusump. Ive had mine for a while with zero issues.

What does he think of the bigger pan?
We discussed it along with baffling valve covers, he strongly recommended the accusump + fender mounted oil cooler first, for my application which includes a future CTSC upgrade with stock internals. Later upgrades will include displacement & compression increases and we will have another discussion, for sure.

Back