• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Feeler for new Sami's Side Skirts

GUYS CHECK POST 13

Hey guys,
I'm just tryin to get a feeler for my custom side skirts made by Sami at Elite Motors.

If there's enough interest he'd be willing to make a few...
The Magic number he's looking for is around 7-10 orders...

here are pics of my build up

and here are pics of Sami's Skirts...

What do you guys think??

Here's his version of the Marga Hills side's...
253145354.jpg

Notice the reworking of the rear of the skirts for a much better flush fitting and then the awesome redo of the front..
253145368.jpg

They sit much different than the Marga hills and Vinny's Side Skirts

Any interest?

-Joey

Last edited:
I'm interested...Cost ?

I want to clarify that Sami's side skirts uses stock (OEM) fenders and using the factory tire jack is not a problem. Count me in if those 2 are non-issues.

I am guessing under $650. The MH ones are $900, Vinnys are $650.

I want to clarify that Sami's side skirts uses stock (OEM) fenders and using the factory tire jack is not a problem. Count me in if those 2 are non-issues.

To clarify - Sami's Side skirts use the OEM fenders and there is NO ISSUE with using the factory tire jack... you just need to use a low profile jack or do what i did, i used a traditional scissor style jack to get the car high enough for my floor jack...but again to clarify there is no access issue with the factory jack mounting points on the car

As far as price goes, Sami's looking into several options, and several material choices.. Give him a day or two to get numbers for us..
Again obviously the more people who are into the skirts, the better the price =)

-Joey

Ok, so I got to talkin with Sami today, and he got some good info about these skirts to get some real numbers and real expectations going here...

Here's the deal guys..
He needs a minimum of 20 sets to be spoken for...
Each set will be made of Fiberglass and go for $900 a set

If we can get a group buy going to 20 of us, with some type of downpayment for each set (like $100), he'll go ahead and get the mold done.. the mold will take about 2 weeks to get done, and figure another week to get the skirts made and shipped out... so if we finalize everything with 20 guys today, you'd have these side skirts being shipped to your houses in about 3 weeks (pending the mold is correctly made - Sami wants to make the first set and confirm the mold is producing a high quality part before he would produce all 20 sets)

Now with that set.. who's in??

Points to remember
1)$900 a set
2) minimum 20 orders with downpayments
3) ~~~Roughly a 3-4 week turn around time

Lets get this going guys, If we are all serious about this, I want to get this on the ball and start running with it...
-Joey

Okay guys here's the deal, I just finished talking to my fabricator that will be making me the molds on these sides. If you want me to make this happen here is what I'll need from you guys.
1- I will like to get a order together maybe somewhere in the ball park of 15- 20 sets pre-sold. Each order will require a 100 dollar deposit.
2-Once I have enough people in the group buy figure turn around time will be somewhere about a month. I know its longer than a lot of you are willing to wait but making a good mold is a timely process and to get it done right cant be rushed because the fiberglass needs curing time.
3-Once the mold is complete, I will need the remaining cash for the order and your parts will be made, primed, and shipped.
4-So total price for the kit will be 850 plus shipping and handling.

Please note that this turn around time is only for this first order since a mold must be made. If this order goes through and I have the molds made, I will make extra's which I will keep in stock so in the future turn around time will be much quicker. But the price listed above is for the group buy.
Any questions feel free to email me at [email protected]

Thanks again
Sam

Sami this is Desmond. i think i'm going to raise my hand here for one set and if it's ok i'll be picking mine up instead of having it shipped.
regards
Des.

Okay no problem des, and if anyone else would like to pick them up that wont be a problem.

So lets start the list
1. popsicle

Marga Hills are nice, and personally its the only skirt I'll be putting on my car, so I am happy that someone is modifying it to fit and flow better. I am really excited on this one, however I think for a group buy its pretty steep and that's the reason why people aren't jumping on it. The pictures does look awesome and Sami did a great job modifying the front side of the skirt, but no one knows Sami (no offense). When Vinny made his skirts, the group buy was $650, this was to promote his product and get his name out there. Now people are willing pay the premium $850 + shipping because his product has the quality that is backed-up by its owners. I've never heard of anything bad on Vinny's skirts ever.

So if I were on a market for MH skirt, would I go Vinny's or Sami's ?(definitely not the original, I've just read lots of bad reviews from it). I would go with Vinny's just because of the reviews here on prime, BUT if Sammi's is a little cheaper, then I'd be willing to try the first batch.

I really want these skirts modified or not, I'll order in a hearbeat if I found a great deal.

Just my 2 cents!

After everything I've said though, if Sami wouldn't lower the price but he only needs one more person to fill up the group buy, I'd be that guy.

niM

Marga Hills are nice, and personally its the only skirt I'll be putting on my car, so I am happy that someone is modifying it to fit and flow better. I am really excited on this one, however I think for a group buy its pretty steep and that's the reason why people aren't jumping on it. The pictures does look awesome and Sami did a great job modifying the front side of the skirt, but no one knows Sami (no offense). When Vinny made his skirts, the group buy was $650, this was to promote his product and get his name out there. Now people are willing pay the premium $850 + shipping because his product has the quality that is backed-up by its owners. I've never heard of anything bad on Vinny's skirts ever.

So if I were on a market for MH skirt, would I go Vinny's or Sami's ?(definitely not the original, I've just read lots of bad reviews from it). I would go with Vinny's just because of the reviews here on prime, BUT if Sammi's is a little cheaper, then I'd be willing to try the first batch.

I really want these skirts modified or not, I'll order in a hearbeat if I found a great deal.

Just my 2 cents!

After everything I've said though, if Sami wouldn't lower the price but he only needs one more person to fill up the group buy, I'd be that guy.

niM

Agree here. if you can do the first 10 people for $650, i will jump in as well.:wink:

Hey guys I completely agree with what your saying, I know you guys expected the price to be a lot less but honestly I was not even looking at making these things. We customized what Joe gave us to what we thought fits the lines of the nsx better ( and it was a ton of work ) the final alterations are now complete and I will be posting more pics in a few days. They look really nice on the car and it was a big hit. But as I was saying above I never expected to make these things in quantity. A lot of you that seen them on the car liked it and there was a lot of interest in them, so as promised I looked into making them for you guys and that's really the best I can do on them. If I sell 15 sets the profit I am making is simply just covering my cost on the 2 molds, that's not even including packaging and fabricating mounting hardware. I am using a very knowledgeable person in mold making and his prices are not cheap, but like anything else you get what you pay for. I also know a lot of you don't know me, I am somewhat new to the nsx world, I have worked on a handful of nsx's but I have been doing this for a while now and do a lot of work on high end cars. For those of you that seen my work, it speaks for itself. I am the type of person that either does something the right way or I won't do it at all (You can ask Joe about that). I turn down a lot of work because people would rather me cut corners and have the price less then doing it the right way. I really studied this before I came up with the price and I really did the best I could on the price. I know there are people out there doing things for less but I really cant do any better on this guys.

Last edited:
Me too....

They are nice and I was very interested and would have bought a set until I saw $850.00 plus shipping
So I'm probably going with WW side skirts for 1/2 the money and still have to have them painted for another $300.00.

Not as aggressive as I would have liked as yours are...But the WW will do for now.
Maybe next time around.....
But they look nice and you get what you pay for..... that's for sure.

Agree here. if you can do the first 10 people for $650, i will jump in as well.:wink:

Back