• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fender liner screws

I am missing a couple of fender liner screws and a couple have popped off the fender lip leaving a 1/8 to 3/16 gap. What is the trick to reattaching this hardware?

The first trick is to remove them without breaking them!
To remove you push the centre pin in then pull the button disc surrounding & the whole thing will come out.
To re-insert, pull the centre pin out until the narrow part of the shank is parallel to the 4 split pins of the button (don't pull the fat part at the bottom of the pin into that section) - insert the whole button assembly through both holes of liner & panel (making sure liner is tight up against the panel behind it) then push the pin in until it's flush with the button.
Et Voila!!!!!!!

i'm missing a couple of them also, the acura dealer wanted $7/piece for them. I think i'll just steal a couple off of my CRV:mad:

BTW, did anyone see autoline detroit sunday, toyota just passed dodge/chrysler/jeep as america's 3rd best seller.

Dali Racing sells these things by the bag. I bought a couple a few bags before I installed my type r front bar because the radiator shroud has to come off. I also used some when I removed the fender liner to install the Cantrel Concepts air scoop thingy

Hope this helps,

Try your local honda dealer. Just remove a good one and take it with you to match up the proper size. Honda is a lot cheaper than acura. :eek:

Back