• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ferrari Badges/Emblems?

Here in Philly, I recently saw a black NSX with Ferrari badges, how common is that? I guess he gets rid of the repetitive common folk answer "No, it's not a Ferrari, it's an Acura...." ;)

I don't understand this reaction. I'm sure any of us can find an NSX owner whose car and/or behavior we don't like, anywhere. So this one happens to be in Philly - so what?

Philadelphia is a great place to live, with exciting cultural activities and neighborhoods in the city, elegant suburbs both new and old, and a lot to like, able to meet the needs of its diverse residents. Sure, there are parts of town that are not nice, but this is true of virtually everywhere that has the amenities and cosmopolitan offerings of a big city.

As it happens, Philadelphia also is a great place to be an NSX owner! You have probably the best NSX mechanic on the entire East Coast - Bernie, at Davis Acura in Langhorne. You have a very active Northeast Region of the NSX Club of America. And you will be very very close to NSXPO 2004 next year, when it is held at Watkins Glen.

Obviously, it's not going to be perfect for everyone, which is why different people live in different parts of the country. But I don't think the insults are deserved. Or appropriate, either. We are all NSX owners, wherever we live - Philadelphia, Chicago, Sacramento, Orlando, etc.

You could say the same thing about Grand Rapids.... We have red chevy impalas running around with ferrari badges on here. I'm not kidding. But I still like living here regardless.

As it happens, Philadelphia also is a great place to be an NSX owner! You have probably the best NSX mechanic on the entire East Coast - Bernie, at Davis Acura in Langhorne. You have a very active Northeast Region of the NSX Club of America. And you will be very very close to NSXPO 2004 next year, when it is held at Watkins Glen.

I totally agree with everything said there. Bernie just did service on my NSX recently and I couldn't be happier with his work or the kindness of Davis Acura. The Northeast NSX club are also very helpful and great to talk to. Thanks for stickin up for Philadlephia NSXTASY!!!

-Mike

Hmmm... there is clearly a communication problem in this thread...

..Can't speak for anyone but myself, but I am genuinely curious as to how many people have put Ferrari emblems on their NSX. Personally, I don't find it off-putting, whatever blows your skirt up...

As far as Philly, I think it's a great town, I like the city better than the suburb I live in, much greater cultural diversity, more friendly. I think the only reason I wouldn't live closer is for tax purposes.

I happen to live within walking distance of Davis Acura and have had my car serviced there, love them, best service at a dealership of any kind I have been to.

My point in agreeing with the "Philly" statement had more to do with any large city, not the fact it was Philly.

As far as relocation possiblities, in my situation, that is purely financial, the cost of living is outrageous and for me, does not equal the benefits. I'll visit...:D

erobbins said:
Ken, it was somewhat of a joke...

No prob. (Yours was not the only such comment...)

erobbins said:
you'd have to have lived in NJ to understand a lot of my humor, I suppose.

I'm quite sure that isn't the reason. Unless you consider my twenty-one years living in Jersey insufficient for this purpose... :p

Putting a Ferrari badge on an NSX is about as funny as turning an Acura [A] upside-down into a [V] badge.

Now a Lambo badge on an NSX? That would be a riot... :p

One member of this board came to a BMW CCA track event with a BMW roundel (badge) on the nose of his NSX.

I promptly dubbed the car the "MSX". :D

sensitive people on here, sorta like new zealand/australia hissy fits.

As for badges, there will always be a numbnut thinking it looks way cool to whack another manufacturer logo on their car. Your car do what you want. Always good for a laugh, for whatever reason they do it.

Why stop with cars, i wanna see a Victa lawnmower badge on nsx, who's up for it?
Macdonalds 'm' badge on a viper, perferably a red one ;)

the instigator........................

ajnsx said:
i wanna see a Victa lawnmower badge on nsx, who's up for it?

My lawnmower has the same company name on it as my NSX does. :D

hrr216pda.jpg

nsxtasy said:
My lawnmower has the same company name on it as my NSX does. :D

hrr216pda.jpg

LOL... it comes standard with a lever so you can lower it!!! :D :D

Ken, this would look great with a pair of Gold [H] Badges. ;)
Any plans for a super-charger/17" rims/hood intakes??? :p

Isn't putting Ferrari badges on a NSX considered RICE? Although taken to a higher level?

smonop

I love the alfa spyder very much..
I thought they stop making it since the 80s? and yours is a 91?
pix appreciated

Badge Humor

I have enjoyed automotive badge humor for many years. Some of my best attempts:

-I gave an "i" to a BMW owner so his car became a 2002 Tiii
-I rented a Pontiac Grand Am and returned it as a Grand Ma (later featured on NPR)
-I owned an 87 CRX with Lamborghini badges. Of course it was bright red and always clean. I was forever coming back to people standing around the car saying "I'm telling you it's a Countach!" "I don't know, I'm not sure" etc.

Yo man, wanna some Cheese on your fried rice??

"Not everything is as good as the original, Dr. Pepper ......"

The Future NSXer
7-7-2003

Back