• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ferrari FX (F60)

Lud

Legendary Member
PrimeAdmin
fx.jpg

Well, I like it from the windshield forward.

Where did you get that pic lud? I havent seen it on any of my regular places.

Is that a final?

My impressions:

It's not bad. It looks like it is missing a spoiler! Also, the interior looks VERY tight and narrow.

I don't think it looks better than the F50. That is for sure. Infact, I think the new lambo looks better.

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

[This message has been edited by NetViper (edited 15 April 2002).]

NetViper,
the F50 and F40 and the upcoming F60 are out of the line cars and are not meant to be the most beautiful or most confortable exotic cars around... they have to be the best or close to the best without having to take any compromise... I am sure the F60 (if or if it will not look like this) will meet and exceed all expectations!
biggrin.gif

Let's wait... with the result THEY are having in F1 I am quite confortable in expecting this...
wink.gif

Originally posted by gheba_nsx:
NetViper,
the F50 and F40 and the upcoming F60 are out of the line cars and are not meant to be the most beautiful or most confortable exotic cars around... they have to be the best or close to the best without having to take any compromise

I think the F50 is gorgeous and the F40 looks great. This car does not. However, I have no doubt that it will be VERY fast. I read they were going after the Mclaren f1 in 0-100 MPH time. That means roughly 6 seconds to 100. That is FAST. That said, the Mclaren F1 is a much better looking car and looks to offer a lot more in terms of practicality. ( a word that normally has no meaning in cars of this class).

Anyway, I cannot wait to see the road test of the F60.

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

I think you need to see it from a rear angle to get the full effect. Another que is to look at where the mirrors attach and the drivers height compared to the rear deck. If you liked the F50 then you're most likely going to love F60. It's appears compact inside but heck so was the F50! My personal preference is more rounded edges but then it would just look like an F50.

[This message has been edited by hejo (edited 15 April 2002).]

I am sorry, but it looks like some new space creature George Lucas designed for Return of the Clones.
smile.gif
Just not a supercar look. More like a kit car to me. JMHO. (But geez!) Almost as bad as that thing the NSX is supposed to be a copy of.

------------------
Gary Yates
1995 Red/Tan

I still love the F40... Man does that car look angry as hell. This car looks a little too bizare to me.

Sometimes I must admit that function might be better off following form
wink.gif

If I remebre correctely, at the end of last year Luca Di Montezemolo said that the F60 would have not took part to the "who's the highest speed" competition against McLaren, Bugatti and others... he said that the car had to be the closest experience to a F1 car that a private could drive on the road, with the minimal compromise (look & ergonomics).

Anyway, if you want the look and you can afford this you can also buy the new F575 or a F360 cabrio...
biggrin.gif
and for comfort a Bentley should do the work!
wink.gif

Is that a REAL pic of the F60? If so, this is just more proof that modern car design is heading in the wrong direction.

Still crossing my fingers that the next gen NSX won't be ugly as sin...

------------------
--akira3D
'00 Acura NSX-T (red/black), '97 Honda Civic HX (black), '01 Lexus IS300 (black/black)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

The pic is from the official Ferrari owners website at http://www.owners.ferrari.com so it is not idle third party speculation. Whether this is the car they actually deliver or not is a different story - I guess we'll know when they hit dealers. If you are interesed, start saving up your spare change because the price is supposed to be around $650k

Here are some design sketches which show the scissor doors and a wing on the rear:

fxsketch.jpg

fxsketch2.jpg

fxsketch3.jpg

fxsketch4.jpg

[This message has been edited by Lud (edited 16 April 2002).]

Ok, I am the only one that would agree to drive that *uglyness* if Ferrari remains with an unsold one...
wink.gif

ps: after those sketches I have to say that I like the car from the other angles.

Ug. What is up with that front overhang?!? It looks like the tip of the front bumper is 4+ feet in front of the center of the front wheels.

I agree it looks way too much like the batmobile from the current movies. It will certainly garner attention. I keep liking the look of my '93NSX more and more..

OH NO!!! what have they done?!?!?! The F50 was such a beautiful car. This thing just looks nasty.

The batmobile comments are correct.

FINE! Nobody likes it.
I'll Take it!
biggrin.gif

When a car performs the way an F60 probably will, it could have giant pink flowers as wheels for all I care. I'll drive it loud and proud.
smile.gif

Come on Ferrari. What do you say about a
goodwill copy for me?

[This message has been edited by ilya (edited 18 April 2002).]

Back