• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ferrari North America screws buyers and admits it.

For real?

I know I'm going to sound like a grandpa when I say this, but this is a big reason why I don't trust digital ODO'd in the first place. It can't be that hard to change any odo in any car, so why not figure it out? A few minutes and a computer could get you a few hundred or even thousand dollars on even the crappiest of cheap cars.
You don't need to own a supercar to justify digitally altering an odo, you could make profit on a Toyota Corolla.

Doing this on an analog odo would be far more difficult and deterring for the younger lazy generation.

I know I'm going to sound like a grandpa when I say this, but this is a big reason why I don't trust digital ODO'd in the first place. It can't be that hard to change any odo in any car, so why not figure it out? A few minutes and a computer could get you a few hundred or even thousand dollars on even the crappiest of cheap cars.
You don't need to own a supercar to justify digitally altering an odo, you could make profit on a Toyota Corolla.

Doing this on an analog odo would be far more difficult and deterring for the younger lazy generation.

Couldn't you just detach the Vehicle Speed Sensor and use GPS to monitor your speed?

Seems like this would be hard to do in the age of CarFax and other monitoring companies.

FERRARI was doing this for dealer driven cars and favorite customers who were trading in their old FERRARI and needed a "favor".

I had a problem with the mileage not being recorded right with a LAMBO I was looking at.

The dealer said there was a problem when the speedo was converted from KM to miles (HAHAHAHA).

I told him I was really interested in the car and to get back to me when the mileage problem was corrected.

He never did, DUH.

Back