• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Few Words from President of Honda

Heh - noting the mention of the NSX specifically - it's going to be a reality. I'm glad he laughed at the 'green' supercar idea ;) Sounds like there's an effort - like the original NSX, to keep it fuel efficient, but it takes a backseat when it comes to making it a true supercar.

My opinion of course, NSX successor is on it's way - and it's it's going to be called NSX.

There's a lot of talk about how Ferrari in particular has regained it's footing next to the NSX over the past decade, but I still feel Honda has the RnD muscle to provide some really cutting edge technologies to the plate that no other companies have even seriously considered. I think it's in Honda's interest to not try and overtake the other cars with raw horsepower, but hit the same ballpack and excel in other areas - like interior material qualities, assembly techniques, perhaps even something as wild as onthe fly suspension adjustment controllable within the cab to change the feel of the ride depending on if you're on the city streets or on a track - bring together the wide spectrum of RnD efforts that Honda has access to and make the car appear so sophisticated that people mistake it for an alien craft ;)

Back