• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fifth Annual Northeast NSX River Run and Cookout

Do you think you'll be there? (This is not an RSVP, just an initial count)

• I hope to!

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • Darn, I don't think so...

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
Greetings NSXers,

Mark your calendars for Saturday May 10th for the fifth annual Northeast NSX River Run and Cookout, and plan on spending a fun day in the country!

HUH? WHAT’S THIS ALL ABOUT?

A gathering of NSX owners (current, past and future...) and their spouses/S.O.'s at Don Gallo's house in bucolic Princeton, NJ... A "river run" drive (about 120 miles round trip) through nice country roads... a visit to a lovely vineyard… a cookout... sharing photos from various events... swapping tall tales of track exploits… comparing mods… and the usual camaraderie and merriment!

The River Run has grown from an informal gathering of about a dozen cars in 1998 to as many as 34 NSXs and almost 60 people. At the last River Run in 2001 we had great weather, an awesome, fast, ticket-free drive, and way too much food! Go to http://www.mcconcept.com/NSX/River Run.htm for photos from the 2000 gathering, or read Larry Gauthier’s humorous write-up on the 2001 River Run at http://users.rcn.com/tonyd23/LarryG.Stories/NSX/010619.html

WHEN IS THIS SHINDIG?

The event is held rain or shine (we'll have a tent if the weather looks threatening). Meet at Don Gallo's house by 9:00 at the LATEST. Light breakfast at the house, country drive 10-2:00, cookout around 2:30...

TWISTIES?

Yep, we got 'em. We'll take a very scenic group drive in the country, which will take us past old stone towns, vineyards, farms, a covered bridge, and down the valley to the Delaware River. For you old-timers who've been to this event before, we actually have yet another new route this year, even nicer than the past ones! We'll stop at Alba Vineyard http://www.albavineyard.com/location.html for a rest (and perhaps some wine tasting) ... and then reverse direction and follow a different scenic route back.

WHAT DOES IT COST?

$30/PP, $20/PP for NSXCA members. You may pay when you arrive, but please RSVP as below to avoid a $5 walk-up charge.

HOW DO I RSVP?

Please e-mail Don no later than Friday, May 2nd using the link in my profile (e-mail address not posted to avoid spammers). Please include the number of attendees and their names. We’ll send directions when you RSVP. In the meantime, e-mail or call Don at 609-418-9007 if you need any more info.

Last edited:
very important update re River Run

I just got off the phone with Don Gallo, he's out in California. He was unaware that there was a change with his ISP and wants anyone who has tried to contact him via e-mail from 4/30 till right now to please call his phone number posted on his original message, or to private e-mail thru prime before day's end on Wednesday, so that he can get his final numbers in order for this coming Saturday. He apologizes for the technical problems, and guarantees us good weather for Saturday!!! Please call or e-mail him ASAP

i was there today, anybody see me?
DSCN2274.JPG

Yeah, we saw you. Why didn't you follow us to Alba?

I just wanted to say that your caravan looked absolutely amazing. I was randomly driving past you guys when you turned off 546 onto 31 and got seperated at that light. At first I just thought, wow, there's an NSX... hey, there's another one... wait a second... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

Thanks for the eye candy!

River Run Photos

We had a great River Run yesterday with 26 NSXs and almost 40 people. Thanks to all who came and helped!

Here are a few links for photos -- enjoy!

To view Wayne Miller's pictures are at Shutterfly

Randy Hemmel's pics are here.

Great pics....i had plans to attend but because my car was covered with clear coat overspray getting it ready for the event i was at my bodyshop getting the car buffed out when i should of been on my way there.

Looks like everyone had a great time and the weather was beautiful.....i see Bernie from Davis acura made the event also.

DON, MANY THANKS TO YOU AND YOUR WIFE FOR THE HOSPITALITY. THAT WAS A GREAT "CRUISE" YOU LED US ON. BEING NEW TO MY CAR AND "FASTER" DRIVING I KNEW I WAS IN TROUBLE AT THE FIRST CHECK POINT WHEN STEVE GOT OUT AND APPROACHED ME DIRECTLY BEHING HIM TO TELL ME I HAD TO KEEP CLOSER SO AS TO NOT LOSE THE REST OF THE GROUP. I LEARNED ALOT ABOUT THE CAR THAT DAY....AND ANOTHER PART OF ME THAT I DIDN'T THINK I HAD

YONG AND ROGER... GLAD I DIDN'T TAKE THE SAME ROUTE HOME

MICHAEL

To all--

Even without my car - it was a great day. Always fun seeing the familiar faces in the club plus the many new faces I met that day.

Got my car back today -- THANKS BERNIE!

Looking forward to seeing ya'all at the other events this summer.

TheDon

Thank you!!

Thank you to everyone (especially Don & Dawna) at this great event for making us "new-bees" feel right at home. Although we only had our car for 2 days before the event, we felt like one of the family. Can't wait until the next River Run or any other local event in the future.

Chris & Jeanne

Also, sorry to hear about the unfortunate happenings to Roger and Yong.

Re: Thank you!!

Panzer-NSX said:
Thank you to everyone (especially Don & Dawna) at this great event for making us "new-bees" feel right at home. Although we only had our car for 2 days before the event, we felt like one of the family. Can't wait until the next River Run or any other local event in the future.

Chris & Jeanne

Also, sorry to hear about the unfortunate happenings to Roger and Yong.

:eek: Thanks for the wishes, nothing unfortunate happened to me, it was Yong who got stopped, I felt badly because I couldn't warn him. Ellen and I flew home, while Yong got nailed for all of our fun during the day!!!

Back