• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Filled the NSX up, 120 USD.

[rant]

ffs, 120 USD for a nice fill, me light only just came on....

geezz....

[/rant]

Then i floored it up to the rev.limitter from 1st to 4th :biggrin: and again! :biggrin: and again! :biggrin:

Where's this going......

Where's this going......

Uh, oh. No sympathy here. At least from some guy in Los Angeles where about 80% of the problems here can be attributed to cheap gasoline: Smog, clogged freeways, urban sprawl, lack of public transit and just a general poor quality of life. Not to mention, global warming, dependence on imports and a failed mid-east policy.

I wish gasoline were that expensive here in the US, I always have...even when I flipped burgers for $3.35/hr for two years.

I suspect the total cost of burning a gallon of gasoline is somewhere near USD$2 per liter ($8/ga). http://www.iags.org/costofoil.html

I just wish those who use it, like me, would pay the true costs involved. And it would help support alternative energies.

Drew
/I firmly believe that there is a little Osama in each gallon of gas, we fund the people that wish to do us harm. It is time to stop.

drew said:
Uh, oh. No sympathy here.

Oh...no need for sympathy..... it has been proven overhere that the cost of feul does not influence the habbits of car owners.
Everyone keeps on driving, so even if they raise it another 2 dollars a litre, not a trafficjam less.....

I'd pay 25% more for gas if I knew the company provided the gas with 100% US oil production. How can I be alone in this? Why wont some company make a huge deal out of this and push their product for a $1 a gallon more? I'd pay it knowing I am not financing foreign oil. That company's bottom line would be huge (and then someone would complain that they are making too much money).

Forget the environmental issues. I have all the confidence that our young entrepreneurs will come up with alternative energy without the need for political pressures. No one forced us to use oil years ago........it just became the best source of energy. That wheel will turn again long before resources run out. I'd love to see it happen so we could give foreign oil the big Uncle Sam finger!

Maybe I'm wrong but many americans seem to be suspecting all other oil-countries to push the prices up. Not trying to start a flamewar here but this is the third post I've read the last couple of months indicating that some americans only want american oil because they suspect arab-oilcountries and other oil-nations (Norway as well) to push the prices up in USA.

|Adeel said:
Maybe I'm wrong but many americans seem to be suspecting all other oil-countries to push the prices up. Not trying to start a flamewar here but this is the third post I've read the last couple of months indicating that some americans only want american oil because they suspect arab-oilcountries and other oil-nations (Norway as well) to push the prices up in USA.

Hmm, I don't know if this is really true in the sense that Americans care at all where their oil comes from. It's been pretty widely publicized that Exxon-Mobil has been the world's most profitable company for several years, and yet Americans seem to care less.

Would I pay more for domestic oil? You bet. But most Americans wouldn't, I think. They would go for the cheapest product period. Perhaps the US government could levy heavier taxes on foreign oil, making US oil cheaper in comparison creating a desire for some US companies to increase production and lower prices even more?

As far as higher gas prices I would have no problem paying or voting for higher taxes on gasoline if I could be sure the extra money wouldn't be diverted into the general "pool" that all US tax revenue seems to fall into. I would want to see that money go directly to public works, particularly a better public transportation system for cities that need it or education. Or alternative energy sources.

But then we have the biggest problem of them all: the good 'ol boys of oil lining the pockets of the politicians insuring that funding/research/laws regarding alternative energy are squashed quickly. Or, those good 'ol boys just get elected and make the decisions themselves (Cheney/Halliburton)

Well, wishful thinking anyways...

I say we go seize the oil fields in the Middle East. We form an alliance with Russia and China and go in there and get the job done in about a week. End of problem.

Why pay more? Why not just get it back where it REALLY should be-$1.00-1.50 a gallon? It was not THAT long ago when that was the price!

Hugh said:
I say we go seize the oil fields in the Middle East. We form an alliance with Russia and China and go in there and get the job done in about a week. End of problem.

Isn't that what George jr. trying to do already:confused: :wink: :tongue:

too bad it's taken over 4 years and 2000+ young American lives:frown:

91 X said:
Isn't that what George jr. trying to do already:confused: :wink: :tongue:

too bad it's taken over 4 years and 2000+ young American lives:frown:

haha, I don't know if HE even knows what he is doing or planning to do anymore.

I just know it couldn't have been any worse with Kerry in office.

--

Also - most Americans won't buy more expensive oil products if it's domestic oil. Walmart is the perfect example. People will shop there as long as it's cheaper.

96 NSX-T said:
Why pay more? Why not just get it back where it REALLY should be-$1.00-1.50 a gallon? It was not THAT long ago when that was the price!

Well I'm paying around US $0.40 per gallon here in the Middle East.

But I also pay around $10 for a beer and over US $100 for a nice bottle of wine!

So for me, I'd gladly pay more if I could pay less for a drink and go to a girlie bar once in a while...

In Hong Kong, I pay US $ 100 for a fill up with regular gas ONLY. More than 50 % are tax. There is no price war between the different gas companies and prices are adjusted without notice and usually all at the same hour.
Yet, Rolls, Bentley. Porsches and Ferraris sell like hot cakes. Beat that living in a city like HK But watches and LVs are still cheap before the Gov't put in the GST soon. :tongue:

Back