• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Finally!!! The Type R look I've been dreaming of.......(lots of pics)

impressive......better than the ancient Egyptians...:wink:

Is there much difference in price to wrap vs dip? Looks amazing btw.

You can get dipped for like $600, I was thinking about it until I saw it in person... It has a texture to it that looks and feels like crap... A wrap last much longer and looks and feels glossy like paint...plasti dip is ok for smaller things like rims for a quick temporary color change...

- - - Updated - - -

This looks so cool. More pictures please! Congrats and enjoy!

Thanks.

As soon as it stops raining here( two days of straight rain in so cal ???) I plan on taking some better pics with a real camera, although the iPhone takes pretty good pics.. Will post soon.

Last edited:
We have a member in my Z club that wraps cars and it looks so much better than a dip.

If you want to see some samples, look up Elicit Design Solutions in Charlotte NC.

How did they handle the door sills? If I were to wrap my car white and open the door seeing Red it would look stupid.

In five years how much would it cost to get it removed and how much would that mess up the original paint?

Looks awesome Btw.

How did they handle the door sills? If I were to wrap my car white and open the door seeing Red it would look stupid.

In five years how much would it cost to get it removed and how much would that mess up the original paint?

Looks awesome Btw.

Thanks...
You can pay extra and have them do the door jams. Since I kept roof black and have black interior I skipped it...cost about $300 to remove it or you can do it yourself...it actually protects the paint, like a clear bra for the whole car.image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 618
Last edited:
Beautiful and IMO, the best option. I think a wrap in your case was the perfect choice. I hate to have an NSX's originality removed in a case like this and you kept that 100%. I feel just like you about white. 5 years ago, I wouldn't buy a white NSX for anything. Now, I want one. I am not as die hard as you though so no wrap in my future. Congrats, congrats, congrats. Love it.

Last edited:
Thanks guys... Really loving this new color ... People are amazed that it's wrap... Half of them don't even know what that means...
[AT

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 540
Last edited:
th

I
The car looks amazing!!

pick up some H logo and NSX-R decals for the wheels and it's done]

Thanks... Definitely going to get the rims powder coated, plasti dip is big pita for keeping clean... Hate it.
Prolly just going to keep her USDM(Acura) though...

Did a photo shoot yesterday with some guys starting a car mag/blog/site... Here is some pic I took with my iphone during it....can't wait to see the pics they took...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
For the correct early Type-R look wouldn't you need to put the white oem spoiler back on?

For the correct early Type-R look wouldn't you need to put the white oem spoiler back on?

Well yes a real 92 type R has the oem spoiler....and 15/16 wheels I believe...and H badges.....
I always just loved the white on white look of the type R.. But I like the NSX-R wing look and I'm keeping it USDM:tongue:

Btw, saw your post about how you feel about the R wing:frown:

It's no wonder you chimed in with that:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Your car looks good Mark!

Couple more years and NSX #2 will be in my future. :biggrin:

Car looks amazing. You should be proud of the way it turned out.

nice job they did when I get another NSX I am going the same route but 02+ conversion

nice work

We should get all the wrapped cars parked together at NSXPO Palm Springs for a photo op.

What a detailed wrap job! That is a company that should be highly recommended to anyone thinking about getting this service done. Car looks great and I'm happy that you're happy

- - - Updated - - -

What a detailed wrap job! That is a company that should be highly recommended to anyone thinking about getting this service done. Car looks great and I'm happy that you're happy

Back