• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Finally The Ultimate Parallel Exhaust

The New JGTC Parallel Out Exhaust from Taitec. Design request by Cybernation Motorsports. The JGTC Center Out exhaust has long enjoyed the title of the Taitec best selling exhaust. IMO one of the best NSX exhaust ever made. Now everyone can enjoy it in parallel form without removing the rear valance.
[email protected]

1.jpg

2.jpg

Originally posted by NSXGee:
The New JGTC Parallel Out Exhaust from Taitec. Design request by Cybernation Motorsports.
That looks GREAT !!

I had originally hoped to make one of these... can you post more info on:
- fitment: will it work on 91-94 cars, or do you need the 95+ rear swaybar
- does it work with OE cats ?
- sound: similar to JGTC center-out ?? IMO the best-sounding unit out there
- weight

Ok, I agree this is defiantly "best of both worlds"... But here's where I am confused, so please excuse my ignorance.

I come from a world of high revving rotaries. On my car, I wanted to go with the straightest thru design for the reason of getting exhaust out asap. Stress on the "straight" thru.

Now with that said, why does this exhaust have so many bends? Is it to keep *some* back pressure since straight thru would be a pretty damn short exhaust?

My future plans call for a BASCH SC, so I guess the planning starts now. Will this exhaust work optimal with that system, even though it has multiple 180 degree bends?

I'm learning...so please bare with me...

Thanks.

------------------
Matt Gold
[email protected]

www.Specmo.com

TAITEC's philosophy when building the JGTC Center-Exit exhaust was to offer both top end and low end power. The exhaust was designed with small diameter piping (52mm) for desired back-pressure characteristics while being using non-baffled exhaust chambers and tuned length piping for maximum top end power.

Despite claims above, ScienceofSpeed specified the exhaust design for the new parallel style JGTC exhaust and will be the first to dyno test this exhaust along with a new entry to the NSX exhaust market for forced-induction applications.

The exhaust features 52mm piping, a dual canister exhaust design that isolates the engine's cylinder banks, and 90mm tips.
All piping, canisters, and tips are polished stainless steel.

Regards,
-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

Originally posted by cojones:
- fitment: will it work on 91-94 cars, or do you need the 95+ rear swaybar
- does it work with OE cats ?
- sound: similar to JGTC center-out ?? IMO the best-sounding unit out there
- weight
Both CNM and SoS claim "design input" credit on this... plausible, since both deal with Taitec Japan. I'll let the marketing spin from these good folks sort itself out in time
biggrin.gif

Can either clarify the above ?? Any info on pricing and availability (I have a 93 C30 coupe).

Also, this is a "TRUE" dual-canister design, right ?? The front and back header banks dumping into separate chambers.

Both CNM and SoS claim "design input" credit on this... plausible, since both deal with Taitec Japan. I'll let the marketing spin from these good folks sort itself out in time
biggrin.gif

Can either clarify the above ?? Any info on pricing and availability (I have a 93 C30 coupe).

Also, this is a "TRUE" dual-canister design, right ?? The front and back header banks dumping into separate chambers.

Yes, the design is a true dual canister design, which means that the cylinder banks have separate pathways for exhaust gas.

We expect the first shipment to arrive 5/12-5/15. You can find pricing, sound clips, etc. at this URL:
www.ScienceofSpeed.com/focus.asp?product=eap-113

Cheers,
-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

nsx1964 - you don't have to worry about it if you have the Comptech-style bars...the Dali bars I have clear the exhaust.

-Andie

Originally posted by HomeDepotNSX:
you don't have to worry about it if you have the Comptech-style bars...the Dali bars I have clear the exhaust.
I have the DALI street sway bars (original model, sans collars) on my 1993 car. Will this clear this exhaust, or do I need to change them ??

AFAIK, the DALI swaybars are not model specific 91-94 vs 95-96. ICBW

Just heard back from CNM on this JGTC Parallel Exit exhaust
- Latest ETA is 8-10 days
- Pricing still TBD, but they're making progress
biggrin.gif

- Shipping will NOT be free

Originally posted by HomeDepotNSX:
nsx1964 - you don't have to worry about it if you have the Comptech-style bars...the Dali bars I have clear the exhaust.

Originally posted by ScienceofSpeed:
This design exhaust *will* fit any year sway bar.

The "original" Series-1 Dali street bars I have (rebadged RM, painted red) do NOT clear this exhaust. The exhaust tucks up higher than OEM, and the lower cat mount hits the bottom of the rear swaybar.

** UPDATE ** -- it fits OK for now, but its pretty tight (approx 5 mm clearance). This should do for now, as the portion that's closest shouldn't deflect vertically.

Am now looking for an alternative.... 95+ rear swaybar ?? newer aftermarket stuff ?? Zanardi ?? Any suggestions?

[This message has been edited by nsx1164 (edited 13 June 2002).]

Back