• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fire Extinguisher

Gday all

Just a quick question to see how many of you carry fire extinguishers in the NSX.

I've seen/read some incidents of electrical fires in older cars and with our cars aging....probably a good idea?

I'm thinking about getting one of these mounts....if others are interested...especially from Melbourne, maybe we could do a batch order...

http://daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=95

I have considered making up something with some sheet metal but by the time I buy some tin snips it's probably not worth it.

I'm interested in one.
I have to have one for sprints.

Hey Funky, he may be able to ship two without incurring additional shipping costs...costs $34USD for shipping. Will work out to be $62 including shipping.

He can ship max 10 in a different package configuration, it will cost $61USD for shipping.....but doesn't look like there's that much interest.

He isn't so sure if he can ship two though so we may need to buy separately after all.

Keen to grab one of these as well. Highly suggest it, seen to many car fires from early '90s cars. Easily the difference between a repair bill and a write off.

Gday all

I made an order for myself as there wasn't enough interest for 10 and couldn't guarantee I could get two shipped for the same postage. I've decided to get this mount with some other goodies to make the most of postage.

I've had no probs dealing with Daliracing.

Last edited:
Was'nt enough interest?
You've had the thread up for two days and got 2 interested already.
If your not serious about organising group buys you shouldnt post threads like this.

Was'nt enough interest?
You've had the thread up for two days and got 2 interested already.
If your not serious about organising group buys you shouldnt post threads like this.

Funky, hate to be picky, the thread was not intended to be primarily a group buy thread.

I wanted to see what people thought about fire extinguishers in general, who carries one with them and said 'maybe' organise a batch order. I mentioned possibly even making something up myself.

When told by Dali it was 1 or 10 packaging wise, it was a no brainer for me.

Not wanting to make enemies, just friends in this great group. It was good the you and Eckers responded.

"Just a quick question to see how many of you carry fire extinguishers in the NSX.

I've seen/read some incidents of electrical fires in older cars and with our cars aging....probably a good idea?"

Received the mount a week ago. Finally found time to install it. Works well, doesn't get in the way of the passenger's legs........not that I have many passengers. :)

20120922154835large.jpg

20120922154804large.jpg

20120922154744large.jpg

Back