• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fix a flat?

If you must use a fix-a-flat product, only use it to get to a tire shop. DO NOT drive on the tire at any considerable speed or for any considerable amount of time.

I used fix a flat on my VW for a year straight without any real problem, just had to redo it a few times.

Stephen

A VW is not an NSX. I personally would not drive any more than is absolutely necessary on a compromised tire. (And, FWIW, the manufacturers of the fix-a-flat products give you the same warning)

I can't use the inflatable spare because of the BBK. I keep one of these in the trunk...

00820_1.jpg

You can get one here.

Don't leave home without it!

You already have an air pump furnished by Honda in the trunk so Hughs kit is the best thing going.
I'll be having one as well because of the Type-R hood.
AAA works as well just takes longer.

Cheers
nigel

Last edited:
A VW is not an NSX. I personally would not drive any more than is absolutely necessary on a compromised tire. (And, FWIW, the manufacturers of the fix-a-flat products give you the same warning)

Yeah I know. I would only use it on my nsx to get back home or somewheres safe I guess.

The point of my reply is that whether it's a VW, audi, nsx or anything else I guess around 3k pounds fix a flat works depending on the hole or leak size.

Stephen

Correct me if I am wrong but it seems most flats I hear about here are NOT patchable. I mean, they are torn up tire type flats where there is nothing left. Only option then is a tow or spare.

And don't most fix-a-flats destroy the wheel?

I use what ever fix a flat is on sale at the time or readily at hand. I also keep a small thing of slime tubeless because slime tubeless has proven itself to me when I got a puncture 3 hours from home on my sportbike. You'll need the air pump to use slime though. I'd use the slime long before I use the fix a flat, but I keep both in the nsx. The fix a flat is just incase I get punctures in TWO tires lol. Light and cheap insurance for that slim chance of getting two tires punctured. Worth it to me.

I don't like to use the spare because of speed limitations. Slime works well and hasn't show any adverse affects in the long run because I've ran that sportbike tire bald with slime in it and rode it like a nut with no problems. I had slime in there for 7000 miles, I got the puncture the first week I mounted the tire. I need new tires every year anyways.

Road side assistance is nice but pointless for a flat tire to me. They take too long to get out to where I am and by the time they do, I can already fix my own flat. Plus my nsx playground has no cellphone reception anyways.

Last edited:
i'd hate to sit on the side of a road with a can-of-goo in my hand and tire in 10 pieces= even if i could not carry the spare where it belongs due to nxr-r mods, i would have one in the trunk.

"A VW is not an NSX. I personally would not drive any more than is absolutely necessary on a compromised tire. (And, FWIW, the manufacturers of the fix-a-flat products give you the same warning)"
Well in my Porsche-VW-Audi-Lamborghini.. all i have is a flat fix kit, no spare, no wheel lug wrench, its a 750ml Italian mfr can..cant tell you what brand as can't read the writing, its to get you somewhere only...I have emergency road service for a reason..

sure, but i would like to see that service come and fetch you in the mountains, 2hrs from the nearest settlement. what will you do if your cell-phone coverage is nil? i am not bashing you, i understand that lambo has the best italian goo-in-can, i am just speaking from experience- been there, never again.

My company sells aftermarket wheels and tires.
fix-a-flat really just ruins the wheels. once this product dries up inside your wheel, it is really hard to get it off for one.
Then if your really unlucking, the wheel will never balance out again.
Most car insurance for like 5 dollars more on your premium will add road side assistance to your policy. If its a cheap wheel your not at a lost, but, if its a discontinued one, its priceless.

My company sells aftermarket wheels and tires.
fix-a-flat really just ruins the wheels. once this product dries up inside your wheel, it is really hard to get it off for one.
Then if your really unlucking, the wheel will never balance out again.
Most car insurance for like 5 dollars more on your premium will add road side assistance to your policy. If its a cheap wheel your not at a lost, but, if its a discontinued one, its priceless.

Agreed, ruins your wheel. I will never use any liquid fix-a-flat stuff again.

Back