• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

FJO install

Hello, Anyone install their WB FJO O2 sensor in the factory 02 bung and use the output from the controller as a signal for the ECU? If so, any check engine lights? I did the above but keep I getting a check engine light. Code 1 = front O2 sensor. BTW the old NB sensor is still wired up to the heater circuit but not in exhaust. Do I need to reinstall the old NB O2 sensor in the exhaust for heater purposes? Or should I return it to stock and weld in a new bung for the WB O2? Is there any way to check the operation old NB O2 sensor w/DVM?
thanks Jerry

The output signals from a narrow band & wideband sensor are completely different (see attched pic courtesy of FJO); You cannot input a wideband signal into the stock ECU.
What is the purpose for the wideband - are you running FI?
If just for monitoring purposes, then re-install the stock sensor & put the wideband in a new bung & out put to one of the display options from FJO.
If you are using a stand-alone ECO from an after-market tuner (like AEM for example) equipped for WB then you can use that mode if you prefer, connected directly to that compatible module for control.

Attachments

• wbo2_d5.gif
    wbo2_d5.gif
    3.3 KB · Views: 191
Thank you very much. I have the BBSC w/ split second piggy back. I installed the FJO as a monitor, but didn't have the extra O2 bung before the cat. Now, the bung mailed w/ the kit is not stainless, can that be welded onto a stainless exhaust? And can I use the Bosch universal O2 sensor 15734 to replace both O2 sensors?
thanks Jerry

Back