• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Floor jack sale

I don't advocate buying tools from Harbor Freight but this is indeed a deal. I have used the same floor jack on my NSX for a year now and no problems. It is very low and gets under the NSX great. Anyone who owns an NSX should get a racing jack. *Note the 3000 pound capacity has never been a problem.

Skyguy

*Print coupon and take to store or click on Harbor freight

ITEM 47246-9VGA

wOTkyMTk3NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Rapid Pump™ high performance aluminum racing jack lifts 3000 lbs. to a maximum height of 17.5'' in only 6 pumps and requires only 1/2 turn to release for lightning fast pit stops.

Constructed for professional racing teams out of precision-machined, high strength, aircraft aluminum billet.

Specially designed 5-3/8'' wide, low profile, single front roller wheel for quick and accurate placement where you need it. Low profile 3.5'' minimum saddle height comes with 360° rotating rubber pad to prevent marring.

* Minimum saddle height: 3-1/2''
* Maximum saddle height: 17-1/2''
* Hydraulic lift: 14''
* Handle overall length: 47-1/4''
* Two piece knurled aluminum handle prevents slipping
* Overall dimensions: 23.62'' L x 11.81''W x 6.1''H
* Tool weight: 35.40 lbs.

I thought these were $89.95 last time I checked that website.
Oops, I see. Yours is called "Rapid Pump", the then $89.95 is now $79.95.
Steve

whiteNSXs said:
I thought these were $89.95 last time I checked that website.
Harbor Freight sells three different aluminum racing floor jacks, one for around $80, one around $120, and one around $200.

I have the one that's around $80, and I love it! It's perfect for those who, like me, take theirs to the track, because it's so lightweight (24 pounds) and moving it in and out of the car is easy. Furthermore, it fits laterally on the passenger side floor, so bringing it along with my track tires and other gear in the car is no problem at all.

Mine ($150 if I recall correctly) was a piece of S#$t - their warranty sucked too - took it back to the store & since I didn't have original receipt they would not honour a repair or replacement. It was pretty obvious it was identical to theirs on the floor.
I walked out & left it for them to dispose of - worthless to me at that point & I refused to haul it home again.
Disgusted with the product & even more-so the customer service from HF. I e-mailed corporate customer service & didn't even get a reply.

I went to their site and the price came up as $139. I was going to order a red one (match my car). Has anyone got the $119 price? OOPPS - never mind; I just read D'Ecosse's response and that is enough for me.

nsxtasy said:
Harbor Freight sells three different aluminum racing floor jacks, one for around $80, one around $120, and one around $200.
3000 LB. CAPACITY LIGHTWEIGHT ALUMINUM RACING JACK $79.99 (24 pounds)

RAPID PUMP(TM) 3000 LB. CAPACITY LIGHTWEIGHT ALUMINUM RACING JACK $129.99 (35 pounds) (this is the one that you can get for $119.99 with the above coupon)

RAPID PUMP™ TWO TON CAPACITY LIGHTWEIGHT ALUMINUM RACING JACK $199.99 (55 pounds)

They also have other jacks that are more expensive AND less expensive than these. Do a search on keyword "jack" and then click on "Floor jacks".

Check the specs to find the jack that best meets your needs. Jacks vary in terms of minimum lift height, weight, etc. In general, the more expensive the jack, the bigger and sturdier it is (so if you do a lot of work on your car, it might be more suitable), the heavier it is (so it's best if you keep it in one place all the time), etc. The longer the handle, the more leverage you get; the fewer the pumps, the less leverage you get; etc. Different tools for different purposes.

nsxtasy said:
I have the one that's around $80, and I love it! It's perfect for those who, like me, take theirs to the track, because it's so lightweight (24 pounds) and moving it in and out of the car is easy. Furthermore, it fits laterally on the passenger side floor, so bringing it along with my track tires and other gear in the car is no problem at all.
Minimum saddle height: 3''
Handle overall length: 35-1/2''
Two piece knurled aluminum handle prevents slipping
Overall dimensions: 19-3/4"L x 9-3/8" W x 8" H
Tool weight: 24.2 lbs.

Again, I've been extremely happy with mine. I've brought it with me and used it at literally dozens of track events (for tire changing and the occasional brake pad replacement) and I've never had a single problem at all. When I bought it, the price in the store was higher than on the website, but when asked, the folks there were happy to honor the website price.

D'Ecosse said:
Mine ($150 if I recall correctly) was a piece of S#$t - their warranty sucked too - took it back to the store & since I didn't have original receipt they would not honour a repair or replacement. It was pretty obvious it was identical to theirs on the floor.
I walked out & left it for them to dispose of - worthless to me at that point & I refused to haul it home again.
Disgusted with the product & even more-so the customer service from HF. I e-mailed corporate customer service & didn't even get a reply.

Sorry to hear that. The folks at my local HF store are very good to work with. I guess it depends whom you deal with, as with any business. To echo Nsxtasy's comments, mine has worked without flaw. If you want the coupon price at your local store you must bring any copy of a coupon to get the discount.

Again, there are more things I wouldn't buy at HF than would, but the jack is good.

I have three of them now, but the last one came from Homier Distributing for only 69.95. (now 79.95 and OOS)

If warranty worries you, here is the Craftsman version for only $119.
Jack

Homier link

nsxtasy said:

Yep there it is. :biggrin:

wNTcwNjYwNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

I got the HF jack, and it came completely unlubricated. It started to have problems - didn't retract, piston spring didn't rebound... I oiled it well everywhere (wheels, hinge points, piston/spring, etc.) and that really helped it - it works well now. I suggest you do that.

Jeff

ncdogdoc said:
I have three of them now, but the last one came from Homier Distributing for only 69.95. (now 79.95 and OOS)

If warranty worries you, here is the Craftsman version for only $119.
Jack

Homier link

I got the $120 Craftman jack and I've been very happy with it.

Got the HF $79.99 Jack - the blue looks great, well built. Thanks guys :smile:

Banshee Wail said:
Yep there it is. :biggrin:

wNTcwNjYwNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg
As you can see in the picture, I put some foam insulation around the handle, which is blue. I did this primarily to keep it from damaging the car's finish in case the handle falls or is knocked over. As a side bonus, it keeps the handle pieces from making noise hitting each other when it's in transit.

NSX FoYoAss said:
I really love this jack! It saves me lots of time. Here's a picture of it barely fitting under my car. You may not be able to tell by the pictures, but my car is lowered 2 inches
Just about every jack I've ever seen specifies its minimum lift height on the box and in the advertising. I believe the jacking points on the NSX are typically around 4 3/4 to 5 inches above the ground when the car is at stock ride height. Those with lowered cars should be especially careful to get a jack that fits under their cars. Some jacks have a removable saddle (the metal cup or plate that comes into contact with the car) and you can gain an extra 1/4" - 1/2" of clearance by removing it and just using what's under it to jack.

Back