• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Florida License Holder traffic ticket in NY State

This past weekend I traveled to just outside of NYC to visit family. Driving a rental car, I received my first ticket - ever. One-point-one million miles, 43 years of driving, sunuvabitch, unblemished record not so much any longer!! :mad:

Right turn on red with signage "No Turn On Red".

In Florida, one can attend traffic school for such an offense, and have no points assessed. Option does not exist for out-of-state tickets. I checked reciprocity between NY and FL and supposedly they are both members of the Driver License Compact where states share offense info.

Based on some internet searches, it appears in NY it is a 2-point violation, translates to 3 points in FL.

There is a bunch of really smart and savvy people here on Prime. Anyone know the ins and outs of this? I need to submit my plea by Aug 12 so time is critical to get answers.

Thanks so much!

Last edited:
What town? State trooper or local cop?

Westchester County, Village of Pelham local.

I see this thread has been moved to NE region. It's as much a question of what Florida will do with the points as NY. In fact, it's more relevant what Florida will do.

Since I posted I made some phone calls. Actually, the infraction is worth 4 points now in FL. Poo.

Last edited:
Plead not guilty and do not request supporting deposition. Scan and pm front and back of all paperwork officer gave you

Back