• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Floyd "Money" Mayweather vs Saul "Canelo" Alvarez - "THE ONE"

Floyd "Money" Mayweather vs Saul "Canelo" Alvarez - "THE ONE"

Probably the most anticipated fight of the year. What are your thoughts on Money vs Canelo?
The fight is next weekend at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Speculation is that this will be a record breaking PPV fight, maybe even surpass Mayweather vs De La Hoya. Mayweather has an excellent defense, boring offense. Canelo, young, bigger, and a HARD hitting puncher. I'm rooting for Canelo.

I never really thought any of the fighters Mayweather fought had a good chance until now. Mayweather has always had trouble with 154 pounders (Delahoya ,Cotto even though they were wayy past their primes) but Canelo will go into the ring weighing close to 170. I think Canelo's power ,youth, and speed will be too much for him to handle but we shall see. Its gonna be a great fight and I cant wait to watch it!

Quote from George Foreman

"Alvarez, this is his fight to lose. I'll put it to you like this - he's younger, he's a harder puncher, he has a greater future, he has nothing to lose. He can win this fight. Mayweather on the other hand can't hurt anybody. So, the other guy has no chance of being hurt. The only fella that Mayweather ever hurt was his own hand, Mayweather's right hand. He's no danger in hurting Alvarez. Alvarez can punch. If he paces himself, he can knock [Mayweather out] by the ninth round. This is a competitive fight, unheard of - a great fighter with so much potential to take on such an experienced fighter like Mayweather."

Im just going to watch but more of my card weight goes to Mayweather. If Mayweather fights his normal technical boring it'll go to a decision.

Canelo needs the KO, otherwise he'll lose to a decision if they go the distance, unfortunately. I agree though, his(mayweather) style is boring.

Don't know much about boxing but based on the payday people are expecting a show.

Well the official weigh-ins were today. Mayweather came in at 150 1/2 lbs, Canelo came in a the catchweight limit of 152. Tomorrow can't come soon enough!!

Boxing is lame.

Not all boxing is lame. Not to take anything away from Mayweather, the guy is good at what he does, but his fights are boring.
Now any of the Pacquiao-Marquez fights, Alvarado-Rios II, now those guys went to war.
Garcia - Matthysse, I seriously thought Matthysse was gonna win that fight, but damn Garcia came back to take an impressive win.

Not all boxing is lame. Not to take anything away from Mayweather, the guy is good at what he does, but his fights are boring.
Now any of the Pacquiao-Marquez fights, Alvarado-Rios II, now those guys went to war.
Garcia - Matthysse, I seriously thought Matthysse was gonna win that fight, but damn Garcia came back to take an impressive win.

And whose fault is that. I'm tired of people saying that Mayweather fights are boring. He is not fighting himself. His opponents know how Maywather fight and it is THEIR job to get Mayweather to fight THEIR fight. Mayweather makes EVERYBODY he fights look bad and the people he fights are not bums. Give the man some credit and respect for that.

Back