• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Foggy Night Photos 1/12/06 -56K Beware!!!

As I was leaving work today I saw the fog rolling in so I rushed home and grabbed my camera, tripod, and flashlights. Before I realized, I had taken a few hundred photos... Here are some of the best ones. Enjoy!!!

bellairNSX2.jpg

bellairNose2.jpg

bellairLot.jpg

bellairNose.jpg

bellairFrontQuart.jpg

pierNose3.jpg

pierSide2.jpg

and finally here is where I tried to write using light:
lightWriting.jpg

For more photos here is a link:

Night Fog Gallery

Last edited:
Very nice pictures..Thanks for sharings!!! Its kinda cool that you see the car lights zooming by in the pictures!!!:smile:

Thanks for the complements. I took the photos with no flash, long shutter speeds, and two flashlights to illuminate the car while the shutter was open. I had a couple of people approach me to ask me if I was "OK" while taking the photos. They seemed dumbfounded that I was taking photos in the complete darkness without flash and repeatedly walking around my car with flashlights. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. Although next time I might use a brighter flashlight.

Djdrock: My webserver may be blocked at your particular location. I find that some corporations have blocked my IP for whatever reason.

Is everyone else able to see the photos?

Last edited:
what exposure times did you run these at?

film or digital?

the flashlights seem to have a yellow hue in it, as your paint is very orange. I've done these kind of shots before, they're fun to experiment with. maybe find a maglight, the light is whiter.

nice shots.

rickysals said:
what exposure times did you run these at?

film or digital?

the flashlights seem to have a yellow hue in it, as your paint is very orange. I've done these kind of shots before, they're fun to experiment with. maybe find a maglight, the light is whiter.

nice shots.

Actually the flashlights were Mag lights. Two of the 2 D cell variety with fresh alkalines. I had purchased a brighter 6V lantern to use but the center of the beam had such a hotspot that It would trace a white line across the car when I took the photos.

The last two "orange" photos were taken not with the flashlight method but under a somewhat dim "orange" streetlamp.

I have "tweaked" the hue and saturation in photoshop and they all look quite red on my Mac which is set to a colder video color temp. On my PC however the photos seem to have less contrast and different overall hue. I need to calibrate my PC's monitor.

The photos are digital using a Fuji S7000. I set the camera to aperture priority mode and shot at a variety of F-stops. Shutter speeds were varied as well.

great pics! i love the second and third from the bottom! those would make great posters!

Motegi said:
As I was leaving work today I saw the fog rolling in so I rushed home and grabbed my camera, tripod, and flashlights. Before I realized, I had taken a few hundred photos... Here are some of the best ones. Enjoy!!!

The second from the bottom is now the background on my computer.

I have the same color and rims, so it's JUST RIGHT! :biggrin:

THANKS!

Back