• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

? for those that have had their roof painted.

My question to those that have had their black roof painted to body color is, did the bodyshop remove the front and rear outer pillars, and paint them seperately? Or did, they just mask off your car and paint everything together?

Thanks,
J

Yes mine were removed as well as the back hatch to color match properly. I also replaced the windshield which included all new trim...(the top trim had shrunk) to make it complete..

"My question to those that have had their black roof painted to body color is, did the bodyshop remove the front and rear outer pillars, and paint them seperately? Or did, they just mask off your car and paint everything together?"

Thanks,
J

I paid $2500 if I remember correctly. They took on the windshield, replaced the gasket, took off every molding, rear hatch glass and a bunch of other stuff. Expensive? very, but the look is equal to factory. I was very impressed. The shop even took pictures through the whole process without me even asking.

I paid $2500 if I remember correctly. They took on the windshield, replaced the gasket, took off every molding, rear hatch glass and a bunch of other stuff. Expensive? very, but the look is equal to factory. I was very impressed. The shop even took pictures through the whole process without me even asking.

That sounds like a lot. :confused: It costs around $600-$700 down here.

Mine didn't cost anything, the PO did it. I believe they took the parts off. It is a very good paint job and looks great.

Back