• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ford Boss 302

Mustangs are nice. My only gripe is they all set so darned high and look odd with so much wheel gap. Theres a Shelby running around town thats been lowered just enough. It really completes the car the way Ford should have done it. Oh well, I had to vent, LOL.

I dunno if I'd do that to a standard 5.0, but I can see that on the Boss. Says redline is 7500, but rumors are the stock fuel cutoff is 7800, and the valvetrain/bottom-end are good for well over 8000 rpm.

The really cool thing how Ford figured out a way to make a loud/nasty/fun car while getting around the manufacturer noise/emissions/etc restrictions. Use the black key, it's docile and compliant. Use the red key and it makes more power, gets louder, idles more lopey, and generally behaves how it 'should'.

The motor is a gem, but I just can't get over how good the thing corners (supposedly, haven't driven one). Those LS times are just about nipping at the heels of those nasty Porsche GT3's - how did they pull that off in a 40K solid axle 4 seater?

I dunno if I'd do that to a standard 5.0, but I can see that on the Boss. Says redline is 7500, but rumors are the stock fuel cutoff is 7800, and the valvetrain/bottom-end are good for well over 8000 rpm.

The really cool thing how Ford figured out a way to make a loud/nasty/fun car while getting around the manufacturer noise/emissions/etc restrictions. Use the black key, it's docile and compliant. Use the red key and it makes more power, gets louder, idles more lopey, and generally behaves how it 'should'.

The motor is a gem, but I just can't get over how good the thing corners (supposedly, haven't driven one). Those LS times are just about nipping at the heels of those nasty Porsche GT3's - how did they pull that off in a 40K solid axle 4 seater?
Pretty cool huh?

While not a BOSS, here's the ROUSH "Stage 3" (Supercharged, ~550Hp, lowered on the ROUSH "Track Pack" suspension) that Jack Roush Jr. and I drove in the MotorTrend One Lap of America which should be on shelves in the coming months. Still a 2011 Mustang:

IMG_1287.jpg

IMG_0641.jpg

IMG_1713.jpg

I like it. I usually don't like any mustang post 1969, but Ford has made a nice car here.

Back