• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Found 3 cars, need opinions and input please.. . .

jcs

Registered Member
Have been aggressively searching for a quality 91-94 NSX (with a preference for 93-94) Wanted to offer up the finalists I have located thus far for your consideration and input.....Assuming they were to all check out mechanically, carfax, etc, etc... your input on price, desirability, resale etc... appreciated...thanks.

-'91 black, tan...39k miles, snap ring done, all documentation, no mods. price, $33 asking..

-'93 black, black..70k miles, all documentation, no mods price 32k asking.

-'93 white, black, 60k miles, all documentation,no mods, 30k asking...

Originally posted by jcs:

-'91 black, tan...39k miles, snap ring done, all documentation, no mods. price, $33 asking..

The choice betwen the '93's seems pretty straight forward - unless you want to pay an extra $2K for the 10K more miles & the black color (take a look at pics of NSXBRLA's white/black if you are in any doubt how good they look!)

So between the '91 & '93 - how much do you want a cup holder (worthless! IMO) & a passenger air-bag (very much worth while IMO)- I have a '93 BTW; the depreciation is probably done for both cars, so you're trading the slightly newer year for the '91's lower miles - think of it terms of if you put another 20K miles on - then one would be at 80K & the other at 60 - how do you relate to that in resale?
Although the '91 has snap-ring done (case replaced?) the window thingy's are another issue resolved by '93.
These are probably all reasonably priced if in premium condition - there are too many factors to go on just on the basis of mileage & year alone - have you seen all 3 cars personally?
I think there are definitely cars out there with lower miles for around those $$, depends on how much of a hurry you are in. Here are some low miles comparables available now however: http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum16/HTML/000330.html http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum16/HTML/000461.html http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum16/HTML/000447.html

The 93 white one sound better than the other two IMO. If I were you I would do more research to find a lower mi nsx for that price.

My 1st choice would be the white.
Second would be the black on black.
Third would be the the black and tan.

Theres a lot of reasons but this would be MY conclusion based on the variables you've provided.

------------------
WWW.MYNSX.COM

Originally posted by jcs:

The first one is $31,967 less than the second one and $29,967 less than the third one. I say, take the first one. Sounds like a bargain.
biggrin.gif

Seriously, though, they all sound pretty similar, in both price and mileage. It's likely to come down to advantages like color (whatever your preference is) and especially condition - except it's difficult to judge condition without seeing the car.

Have the timing belt and water pump been replaced on all three cars? If not, that could make a difference - not only in the $1200-1500 cost to do so, but also as a sign of how well taken care of the cars are.

I just got a 92 white black with 52k miles with rm intake, headers, exhaust, rotors, pads, swaybars, antiroll bar, and 4 point racing harness for 27k and I am in love with car, white looks so good you cant see any marks on the car. I say get the white one at night it just glows. SO SWEET, but just my 2 cents white rocks.

Originally posted by 5inchfatlip:
I love the white too, although I dont have one, whenever I see a clean one I get jealous, not as much marking or swirling can be seen on this color..

No need to be envious Leonard. Your car is tight!

White, Black, etc. it doesn't matter...

RED will always look better than either one, anyway! HA HA HA !
biggrin.gif

Black/Tan wasn't available until 1994. The first one doesn't have the original interior in it -- maybe a factor for you, maybe not. I prefer the Tan Interior, but the value is higher if the configuration is OEM.

Originally posted by aaronb:

Black/Tan wasn't available until 1994. The first one doesn't have the original interior in it -- maybe a factor for you, maybe not. I prefer the Tan Interior, but the value is higher if the configuration is OEM.

Its probably Black/Ivory...

Are you planning on adding mods to whatever you buy? If, so you may want to find one that already has headers, exhaust, rims (if its a 91-93), short gears, sway bars, etc.
I have noticed that when owners are selling these cars with the various mentioned mods they sell for a small cost over a similarily priced stock one. But beware alot of cars with the aforementioned mods have seen track time-does that bother you?
Hey look theres 2 pennies? HA HA

Back