• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Found A '91 For $23,500 In FL For Sale

I apologize if this is the wrong forum but I wanted to pass on a local car I saw for sale. I've been reading this forum as long as I've had my NSX but I've never posted here.

The car is a '91 black on ivory 5 speed with 34K miles for $25,000. The guy said he'd take $23,500 for it so he'll probably go even lower. It looked at the car yesterday and it had been in an accident. The driver's side and front bumper had been repainted, and it was a mediocre job since there was some "orange peel." He said the previous owner had slid into a curb so his dad purchased the car as is and had the body work done and had it the damaged panels repainted. He replaced the wheels with the '01 wheels and it has new OEM tires. Interior is perfect and all body panels line up and there are no signs of the damage being worse than he described. The only thing it is missing is the chin spoiler.

As far as mechanical condition I'd say it's great. The car rode and drove excellent I detected no vibrations or anything that would make me question how solid the car is. He had the 60K service done on it and he had the local Acura dealer look over the car to see if anything was wrong, which he says there was not. He does have receipts for everything. He also says it is not in the snap ring failure range but I did not verify this against the transmission number so I'm not sure if it is or not.

He is a younger guy and is basically a prick. I shut him up when I told him I had a single turbo Supra and a '97 NSX however
smile.gif
His dad bought him the car a little under a year ago and I think what happened was he realized the car was a little to expensive to maintain since he just had to purchase tires and the 60K service. I'm not an NSX expert so I recommend that the car be "professionally" looked at since it was in an accident.

I was thinking about replacing my SP63 Supra with this car, BBSC it and daily drive it to keep the miles a little lower on my '97 but I figured 2 black on tan (or ivory) NSXs is a little too much
smile.gif
If anyone is interested the number is (941) 350-7170 and the car is located in Sarasota, FL.

I remember seeing this car listed.Someone "possibly" yourself had made a post about it.
There are three peoples opinions I would consider , NSXTACY(usually very on target),LUD,(also has a broad knowledge in my opinion),CRIS(from S.O.S.,very openminded and informative w/ a broad knowledge),there are many others that are qualified althought these names always respond quickly and a source of great info.
To me I am not afraid of a salvage "lets call it" vehicle as long as I know thoroughly the cars history and the cars sale price reflects "agressivly" a discount because of this.Assuming the car is "not " to become a keeper I would not like to take a multi-thousand dollar loss upon a re-sale of the vehicle if I needed to resell it for whatever reason.I do think if all the chips are in line the offer at low twenties sound almost too good to be true .Which makes me a little nervous about why it is being sold at that price.Nethertheless I'd do a little research to turn over all the stones and then do it "if" all was in line.
GOOD LUCK...

------------------

Assuming that the damage was not extensive, this could be a great buy. I would have the frame inspected and measured by a good body shop in the area with a laser frame alignment system.

-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

http://www.NSXClassifieds.com - free NSX classifieds site!

Originally posted by burnmacs:
The car is a '91 black on ivory 5 speed with 34K miles for $25,000. He had the 60K service done on it and he had the local Acura dealer look over the car to see if anything was wrong, which he says there was not. He does have receipts for everything.

Why 60K service ... or did you mean 30K ?

Originally posted by Slingshot:
Why 60K service ... or did you mean 30K ?

The 60K service (timing belt, etc.) is 60K or 7 years, I beleive it's 7, so all older NSXs are due for this service.

Also I didn't post this one earlier as this was the first time I posted
smile.gif

Yes you may want to inquire about the timing belt/water pump $1,200.00 job. Due at 90k or 5-7 years(this was my understanding)time is what drove me not miles.

------------------

Burnmacs, did you happen to get the VIN#? Also, do you know what Acura dealer he brought it to, or what Acura dealer would you recommend getting the pre purchase inspection done at? Has anyone jumped on this one yet and gotten any more info?
Thanks

I spoke to the owner and got the VIN (#JH4NA1150MT001235). It has a NH Salvage Title issued back in July 2000 from an accident.

The owner told me he bought the car from the insurance company when they salvaged it.

If the frame is straight as Chris stated, the car could be a good track car candidate. I'm making arrangements to have it checked out now.

Originally posted by burnmacs:
He said the previous owner had slid into a curb so his dad purchased the car as is and had the body work done and had it the damaged panels repainted.

He must have done more than slide into a curb for the car to be considered totalled unless there was significant damage to the frame and structure... If a 91 NSX could sell for around $30k, I wonder what was the damage done to the car.

Back