• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Found a garage queen for anyone interested

Aptos is only 40 mins away from me. If someone is VERY serious and needs a member to take a look I can do so. I am usually in the area on Tuesday and Friday's after 5PM.

Frankly, IMHO I would rather buy a newer model with 30-40K miles for a few grand more.

Aptos is only 40 mins away from me. If someone is VERY serious and needs a member to take a look I can do so. I am usually in the area on Tuesday and Friday's after 5PM.

Frankly, IMHO I would rather buy a newer model with 30-40K miles for a few grand more.

May I ask why ? Is 38 500 US a lot for a 91 ? It seems to me that, in Canada, all NSXs are at the very least 40k, regardless of year and/or mileage :frown:

Actually, when I first saw the ad, I thought it was suspiciously cheap

Check the maintenance schedule and history of ownership

Consider that this is a much lower mileage 91 that you can get for $30K
and it may not need the usual $2-5K of deferred maintenance/worn out parts, etc.

I'd say anything in the 35K-36K range is a fair price, perhaps even the asking price since it looks like its bone stock and in very good shape

Either way, get a full PPI and leakdown test

Check the maintenance schedule and history of ownership

Consider that this is a much lower mileage 91 that you can get for $30K
and it may not need the usual $2-5K of deferred maintenance/worn out parts, etc.

I'd say anything in the 35K-36K range is a fair price, perhaps even the asking price since it looks like its bone stock and in very good shape

Either way, get a full PPI and leakdown test

If a "full PPI" is done without issue, why do a leakdown test?

I seen that car advertise on craiglist for past week, it originally said 62,000 mile not sure if 6k is a typo.

Unless there is odometer fraud, I think the 62,000 miles was a typo. The picture of the odometer reads 6,206 and 8/10 miles.

62k might be a typo then from pic. , if that car check out, that's a great buy for that price.

Looks like a beautiful car at a beautiful price to me. low miles =high $$$, the add I saw said something like, "thats 62XX, not62XXX." If it is still there, it wont be for long!

For that price, I'd go for a 95+ with higher miles. Targa top, color matched roof and updated wheels make the NSX look soooo much better.

For that price, I'd go for a 95+ with higher miles. Targa top, color matched roof and updated wheels make the NSX look soooo much better.

true, but i think part of that cars appeal is it's time capsule like status. if its really as well kept as we'd like to assume, asking price seems low to very reasonable.

that car was about 2 miles from my house, I saw it at a local honda acura shop here in santa cruz,talked to the owner,was going to try and look at it for someone ,then it was gone off the adds, and the owner did not get back to me,if you really want to catch a deal like that better have the money and be ready to jump on a plane.

Not sure why you guys think that way. A low mileage NA2 is only going for low to mid 40s, so I think a 6K mile 91 for close to 40K is not cheap at all!

+1. Unless you're looking for a garage queen/show car to display in a museum (and not drive), I'd take an NA2 too. I guess that's the NSX owner's dilema. The only solution is to buy two! :D

+1. Unless you're looking for a garage queen/show car to display in a museum (and not drive), I'd take an NA2 too. I guess that's the NSX owner's dilema. The only solution is to buy two! :D

I agree. However, although 6K is consider very low miles but not really low enough as a museum piece. There are probably a few rock chips here and couple scratches there. I wish they had invented the clear bra back in 91 :smile:

A low mileage NA2 is only going for low to mid 40s...

not true, several NA2 popups have gone in high 40's to low 50's recently

and of course the decent 02+ are going in the 50k-70k range

If there were more NA2 Coupes I would agree that $40K is a really high price for even a low mileage 91. However, there are so few of them around it makes things much harder to define in black and white terms. The NA2 clearly has the better trans and engine, but IMHO the hard top coupe body is the better chassis. I personally would settle for a Targa just to have the 6-Speed and 3.2, but I'm also having a really hard time convincing myself to let go of my 53K mile 92 Coupe with mod friendly OBD1 and cable throttle for that 6-Speed and 3.2 with 20 more HP. The Targa means nothing too me. It is way too hot where I live to consider taking off the Targa Top and letting out all that cool AC air.

Anyway, if this car was GPW/Black I'd seriously consider paying $40K or close to that for it. But that is just me.

I personally would settle for a Targa just to have the 6-Speed and 3.2, but I'm also having a really hard time convincing myself to let go of my 53K mile 92 Coupe with mod friendly OBD1 and cable throttle for that 6-Speed and 3.2 with 20 more HP.

I agree. First of all, I like the ductile iron cylinder liners of the NA1 3.0 liter engines, just reliable as hell. The metal matrix composite stuff seems to work okay in the NA2 cars, but Honda did it on other cars and it didn't work out very well (Prelude I believe).

Anyway, if I really wanted the 6-speed, I would just pay SoS to convert mine over.

With an NSX like that, it is really rare. The main advantage of only 7k miles on a car that old is just how perfect the body must be - probably not a single rock chip on the thing. 40k is out of my budget, which is why I picked up a 91 with 100k miles on it, much more affordable :smile:

Who would let a car like that sit for so long...

With an NSX like that, it is really rare. The main advantage of only 7k miles on a car that old is just how perfect the body must be - probably not a single rock chip on the thing. 40k is out of my budget, which is why I picked up a 91 with 100k miles on it, much more affordable :smile:

Who would let a car like that sit for so long...

Cars that have been driven just a few hundred miles without proper protection (nose mask, clear bra) will probably have some rock chip on them already, let alone 7K miles. This is more true for NSX since the car sits so low to the ground.

Cars that have been driven just a few hundred miles without proper protection (nose mask, clear bra) will probably have some rock chip on them already, let alone 7K miles. This is more true for NSX since the car sits so low to the ground.

Oh come on, a couple of paint chips is not a big deal - clear bras didn't exist in 1991. And those paint chips can be easily fixed. You're probably also likely to find that the stock touch up paint matches perfectly.

The hood, bumper, and front fenders of my NSX are covered with tiny paint chips from 100k miles of driving - and 1k or 7k, they just won't be there, even without a clear bra.

If anything, the couple paint chips it has can be cleaned up, touched up, and then wet sanded, viola. Unfortunately for me, filling it a couple of the big chips doesn't make sense if you can't fill in them all - I'd have to wet sand the entire front end - not going to try that anytime soon!

Luckily for me the color just looks so nice you don't focus on the chips :smile: Gives my car character! (that is what I tell myself at least)

Back