• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Found a great place for a drive - lunch (KY)

Took the car out the back roads to Pleasureville, KY and went to the Old Depot Restaurant. Neat little place in an old train station in the middle of East Jesus (Dan might like it).

I had one the best Grilled Pork Chops (yes I know I am Jewish) that I have ever had...

I mean top 3 in my life and I have eaten at some of the best restaurants in the world (no, Jeff Rudby's doesn't even come in the top 100).

Anyhow, best damn $10 Grilled Pork Chop. Everything else was pretty good too.

Go get them. Great drive.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...84.245911&sspn=1.726912,4.229736&ie=UTF8&z=17

Last edited:
Thanks Jim, but it's a bit far for us to travel for a great pork chop! I can see you really need the Bluegrass Motorsports park to open soon, so you can put miles on the track, rather than the backwoods!:biggrin:

Of course, for some Italian food........

Regards,

Ray

They had home made Blackberry cobbler that rocked ~ I had it. :biggrin: I never paid attention to the other desserts when she got to Blackberry. Justin probably only about 1/2 hr from you guys. 70 miles from my house in Florence via the backroads.

Ok Jim, you didn't mention desert:rolleyes:! I guess I'm going to have to reconsider, even though it's probably 120 miles from Lebanon!

You're correct Jim. It is close to our house. We'll have to go there this week.
Thanks for the tip! :biggrin:

Update.... Dad was in town so he followed me down to Woodford Reserve Distillery. I took 421 N out of Frankfort back to 71. Which happens to run through Pleasantville - stopped by the Pleasantville Dept and grabbed some Pork Chops. Excellent again. Justin - Blackberry Cobler only, no Cherry ~ I checked for you.

Anyway the first 20 miles of 421 N of Frankfort are a 9/10 road. Road was in good condition and very hilly and twisty! One of the best KY roads I have driven.

Anyway the first 20 miles of 421 N of Frankfort are a 9/10 road. Road was in good condition and very hilly and twisty! One of the best KY roads I have driven.

Definitely, dude! I work for the State Gov up in Frankfort and occationally turn my hour lunch break into heated sprints through those roads :D

Definitely, dude! I work for the State Gov up in Frankfort and occationally turn my hour lunch break into heated sprints through those roads :D

I think Jim found our meeting place! Let's lock it in. Saturday July 11th.

Who's going?

Now, I wouldn't know anything about this :cool: but I heard that there was a White BMW M3 that was cruising along on 421 at a pretty good clip thinking he was hot shit and a red NSX blew by him wihtout touching the brakes, passing on the inside of one of the turns like he was standing still.

Great road, but no where to pass unless you take your cajones out and stick them on the dash. There was a lot of traffic on Sunday. I think I may have scared a few people... I'm mean I heard that. :cool:

Last edited:
Now, I wouldn't know anything about this :cool: but I heard that there was a White BMW M3 that was cruising along on 421 at a pretty good clip thinking he was hot shit and a red NSX blew by him wihtout touching the brakes, passing on the inside of one of the turns like he was standing still.

Great road, but no where to pass unless you take your cajones out and stick them on the dash. There was a lot of traffic on Sunday. I think I may have scared a few people... I'm mean I heard that. :cool:

hahahahahaha

BTW I have never seen a fat guy pass up pork chops so keep me updated on the meeting on the 11th:biggrin:

:cool:

May go to Indy that weekend for C&C plus other fun. Will update you and post on Maximum. Either way, we've got to get everyone together soon.

Back